DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Project Ricer has begun! (Ronbo's Whore Thread)

Tags
fookwinds
729K views 8K replies 63 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Josh for these wheels/Tires.(I believe Tom was the original owner of these and they've floated around the community since!) Bought them like 14 months ago and finally put them on. Powder coated 18" Special wheels in Titanium Metallic.

Need to install the "new" door/fender as shown in this picture! That'll happen later this week.

Worked on rewiring the stereo and installing new amps today. Love the Plug-N-Play PAC LOC that I installed and replaced the original crap spliced in LOC. Got to say the original installer was a "Hack"! All that's left is to clean up and bundle the wiring.

Started on the "Hybrid" interior swap. Installed a set of Light Taupe Special seats today. Thanks to Josh for the great deal on the seats. Swapped out the Slate Center Console/Side Panels along with the Glove Box Door and Drivers Dash Knee Bolster for the Light Taupe Items. Removed the Agate leather Intrepid seats which are now for sale. I've got a complete 300m Taupe/Light Taupe dash and Door panels with California wood trim to go in. The 300m Dark Slate dash and door panels with rears modded for an Intrepid will be for sale after that. Faux carbon fiber trim on those pieces.

Before:

After/Now:

Here's the Taupe/Light Taupe dash with real wood trim....ready to go in.

The amplifier components and 12" sub:

See less See more
#1,296 ·
Just downloaded all my Private Messages as a Text file. Then deleted a bunch of messages to clear things out. Feel free to bombard me with messages now!

#1,301 ·
Just a software installing and update downloading foo here!

#1,302 ·
Who else needs an AK NAV disc copy? The factory churned out 10 and Dan was the only one that got one! They've been working fabulously in the 300m RB1 and the Honey Magnum REC!

#1,303 ·
Whoooo....Stinco de Mayo! Had a few burritos with nuclear hot sauce earlier and I'm stinking up the place now!!

#1,305 ·
Took the hood bra off the Special to throw it in the washer. Talk about grunge city under there! Making mental note to self to never leave the bra on for extended periods of time. A few applications of Griot's car wash got most of the grunge off. Will be hitting the whole car with speed shine later after it cools down a bit.

Looks like there's an oil leak on the car as evidence was a pretty good size puddle of oil on the storage space floor where the car sat for two weeks. I'm betting it has to do with the crapazz oversize drain plug that was put in. Hope it's not time for an oil pan replacement. That's an expense I don't need right now!

#1,307 ·
The replacement door will go on the Ricer tomorrow! Gasp! Along with the LHS Gloss folding mirrors and door wiring harnesses.

I'll have pictures to prove it!

#1,308 ·
The front fenders can be replaced without removing the front doors? Just checking.

#1,309 ·
Just did a quick Griot's Speed Shine on the Special. Looks great. Can't wait for my gallon replacement of Speed Shine to get here next week. Also comes with another 32 oz bottle of the stuff and microfiber towels.

After looking at Will's and Craig's cars at the meet and how well maintained the paint was on them I decided to go on a cleaning/waxing campaign of my own!

Speed shine also quickly took the polishing spooge off the front of the Honey Magnum after Nate polished the **** out of the headlights. Headlights still look great!

#1,312 ·
**** Toyota and their NASCAR wins. They shouldn't be allowed to race in NASCAR anyway.

#1,315 ·
Gonna be a Cleaning/Waxing/Detailing/Speed Shining Foo in the next two weeks!

#1,316 ·
Also have almost new door seals to put on with the replacement door. The ones on there now are falling apart but didn't want to replace them until the "new" door is installed. The door sill/skirt has a bunch of rust stains on it from the bottom of the door also. So that door needed replacement long before it got smashed in the Hit-N-Run.

#1,319 ·
Just some random pics tonight. Special vs Ricer!

Waddya think?

#1,321 ·
In this picture notice the deluxe Metra chrome mast power antenna for $35 (In the down position). w00t!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.