DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Ever had this happen?

2K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  hrmwrm 
#1 ·
Parked in the Wally world car park in Oshkosh, WI tonight next to a 2nd gen SE same color. Couple comes out of walmart and walks up to the trunk of my ES and tries to open it with their key. I leaned out the window and shouted 'Wrong car' - they burst out laughing, apologized, looked embarrassed and went to their car.:D

#5 ·
haha I always wave to 300m's on the road and whenever I go somewhere I always try to park next to others if I can!
I already insist that we park next to any LH cars we see at the store (whatever it may be) and then I hope that the owner of it comes out the same time we do, so that I can tell them that I like their car, and refer them to DI.net.

#3 ·
I parked next to a red Motorsports edition yesterday. I got a 'holy **** nice car!' comment. :D Unfortunately I could not say the same thing about his car. Yellow head lights, different rims on one side, peeling badges, trashed interior.. It was a shame. :-(

#6 ·
I had an old lady sitting in my car once when I came out of the store. As to not startle her I tapped on the window and politely asked if she needed some help. "My key won't fit!" She said.

She had the blue Dodge Stratus I parked next to. WTF?!

#9 ·
Once in Ga selling christmas trees after driving my 79 green cordoba from Nova Scotia i had a woman come off the road park beside my car and say she had never seen one the same color!

I've seen a co worker try to get in my silver van that was parked next to hers.

I've even (after a long 12 hr shift) walked by a identical van to mine and wondered how i got a dent in the door them realizing it was Al's van!

#10 ·
I had a kid (a year younger than me) in town here running around with an identical coloured intrepid as mine (before it became Iron trep) and he was always racing with it and getting into trouble with the police etc.. sucked for me to drive around to go shopping at night, usually always got pulled over. Till I finally got exhaust work and did the de moulding, and added stickers to help stand out

#11 ·
I had the same problem. Some kid who lived up the street drove a black trep similar to mine except for some hideous chrome wheels. I live in a small town so everyone knows who i am and what i drive, so when he came along tearing up the streets i got a lot of angry phone calls, especially since i'm 17 everyone assumes that i'm the one doing 90 on all the back streets. Then two weeks ago my dad saw some headlights in the woods that he thought were mine. He freaked out to find that it was this other kid. He rolled it into the woods and totaled it, he was okay though. On the bright side, everyone apologized for thinking it was me, and now i dont have to worry about him!

#12 · (Edited)
Sounds like you parked next to the same car same color purposely.. I personally wouldn't so that if it were the same color. What if they tried and tried to open the car and couldn't so they tried to open it by jamming something between the window & door. Or if my car happens to be sweeter than theirs I could get an envy scratch. There's a lot of crazy people in California. But if the Trep was a different color I might consider doing that in the future. :D

#13 ·
had a similar happening many years ago. was parked on main street in the town up the highway. a woman came out of the store a few doors down from where i was parked. walked right up to the passenger door and tried to open it, and upon finding it was locked, looked up at who was sitting in the drivers seat, then realizing she had the wrong truck, walked back to the sidewalk, and seen her ride parked a few more spaces down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.