DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Interior re-done!

2K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  Gaze 
#1 ·
I would have added this to my sig. page but i can figure out how to edit the post to add more pictures...

I got sick of the wood grain and the plainness of the car so i decided to spice it up a little bit. I painted a number of things gloss black and i'm not done yet. I painted the wood grain trim, door locks, door handles, center console, and the piece that goes around the shifter. I plan on painting the shifter it's self, gauge fascia, and maybe the cover on the window switches.

Before i started any interior work.

a]

After i painted the center console. The wood grain is still there... :barf:

I think it is much much better now.

I tackled the doors to, painted the door locks, speaker grills, and the handle to shut the door.

Just the rest of the interior.

And just a random shot of the front of my car, you can see my true cold air intake. :icon_cool

What do you all think?

Xpid

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
I would have added this to my sig. page but i can figure out how to edit the post to add more pictures...

I got sick of the wood grain and the plainness of the car so i decided to spice it up a little bit. I painted a number of things gloss black and i'm not done yet. I painted the wood grain trim, door locks, door handles, center console, and the piece that goes around the shifter. I plan on painting the shifter it's self, gauge fascia, and maybe the cover on the window switches.
Looks much more " up to date " I like it.

#6 ·
The car came like that, the rear seat is leather to. I love it i still gotta do the rear doors black. But i feel so much more at home with it like that. I wanna get my car painted and all the stuff done to it, man it'll be one of it's kind...

Xpid

#8 ·
i like the black/grey look. it really looks good. Im having issues with the back doors hand puller cups. Well around them the material is coming off the door.

see how it bubbled up. This pic is old. Its much worse now and is happening around all 4 doors. i might have to go to the yard and replace all the door panels. Maybe i could try the 3m spray adheasive suff but i dont know how to get under it skin. i might have to go through the pull cups. I dont want it to rip or get worse. This problem is from weather conditions. hot then cold then hot again. anyone else having this issue. if so whats your fix

#9 ·
lol no the interior isn't anything compared to what i have planed for the exterior! The exterior will make it one of a kind..

stroise, i haven't taught about how to fix this yet, but I'm gonna work on something next weekend. My drivers side door is doing this and i got a couple ideas I'll let ya know if i find something.

Xpid

#12 ·
Looks good. I have a quick question though. How exactly do you get the faux wood styled bits that surround the front door handles, locks and vent off? I was trying to do something similar and I just couldn't manage to get those parts off. The end by the vent comes unclipped and the end by the handle comes out when you take the screw out, but the the middle just won't pop out for me, almost broke the plastic in half. Is there just a clip holding the middle in or do I have to take the whole panel off? Thanks.

#13 ·
Yeah there is a nut on the back side of the panel, there are 5 screws holding the panel on. One top left, top right, bottom middle, door handle, and in the cup that you pull the door shut with, after you have that off you grab the cup, and some where else on it and pull the panel up and towards you. You will have to disconnect the door handle just pull the plastic piece off the rod then pull the rod up. There should be a black foam pad just grab it pull it back, and there will be two really small nuts that screw onto plastic bolts. These "bolts" break so damn easy it will piss you off so be very careful! un do them disconnect the venting and there ya are! it should pull out you'll have to pull the handle as if you where to open the door to get it out. Personally i got lazy and left the venting out of the door not much air flows threw there any ways so i didn't worry about it. Good luck to you! Also i didn't sand my pieces except after i had already painted and it got a ding in the paint or something, i just wiped it down with alcohol and then painted it!

Xpid

#18 ·
I dont care about the drive side window defrost they rarely fog up anyways. I haven't had the filter in any snow or anything i just done the mod last week or so. I drove in a heavy heavy rain that night and i felt slight shudder :( but it could have been cause my evac. canister lines got cut in half that night aswell. No i'm not using a clear coat over the gloss, not yet anyways. I'm trying to figure out coolant failure problems right now so the interior is on hold for a wile..

Xpid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.