DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2000 Intrepid ES 3.2L hard starting

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Firemnted 
#1 · (Edited)
:poopoo:I have 205000 miles on my car and at 202000 I had an open circuit in injector 3 I replaced the Injector and found both the wires were pinched together I have had it sense 2002 and the engine has not been apart prior to this! I fixed the wires (soldered new in and applied duel wall heat shrink) I still had an open circuit so I metered out the harness before replacing the PCM with a pre-flashed remanned the car started and ran flawlessly for 2 days and then it suddenly started starting hard (cranking for 45-60+ seconds to start then runs rough for about 20 seconds then is fine. I just changed the plugs with no change. I tested the fuel pressure and I have 56-58 psi (spec is 44-54) It does have an exhaust leak in both flex pipes behind the cats! I did a compression test and have 125-135psi. and I did find some small cracks in the potting on 3 of the coils! Any Ideas are welcome!

#4 ·
I have replaced 3 coils and water pump with timing belt Belt was going I had 205000 miles on it and it was never changed) no change I have three more on the way! Will a cam sensor cause this without a CEL and no codes?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.