DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

stock amp to infinity amp help me

1K views 12 replies 2 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
i have a 96 trep es it came with the mid line amp set up, now i am trying to transplant an infinity amp from a 95 es but i cant get any audio... i hooked up all the wires according to what it said on the amp but its not pushing any sound please help:smileyvault-newhere

#6 ·
In your PM you talked about having two red wires, and separate trigger - I can tell you that the wire body audio wire harness is completely different between the two amps, so I don't know about converting them from one to the other.

I would see what the power is like on the two red wires - see if they are both constant hot - the trigger wire will be a switched hot.

#9 ·
If you have both cars there, the best thing to do is remove the dash and swap over the body harness. You MIGHT be able to just pull the back seat, and passenger front seat, and various bits of trim, and just change the harness down the body, and not have to remove the dash...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.