DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Keeps Dying!!

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  pedie 
#1 ·
i have 94 intrepid 3.3L, i gotta fully warm up my car to the third temperature gage bar, so that means warm it up for like 30-40 minutes. if i don't warm it up that much, it'll die in the middle of the road and i won't be able to start the car till it is fully cooled down. but if i do warm it up, it runs fine for the most part. now i went and got it checked, no codes. then i changed all the spark plugs, new wires, new air filter, new fuel filter, new battery and nothing seems to be working. can anyone help? maybe it's a sensor problem? thanks in advance.

#5 · (Edited)
When you say it will die in the middle of the road, does that mean while cruising or idling at a stop light ??
Did this problem suddenly appear, or was there a smaller problem before , that gradually got worse ?

#8 ·
Well ya got yourself a bit of a head scratcher there. Have you checked fuel pressure ?? Should be 55 psi with no vacuum to regulator (disconnect the little vac hose at regulator). Pressure should be 46 psi at idle with vac hose attatched to regulator.

#9 ·
@ 50MPH rpms should atleast be about 1500RPM. this is when there is TQ Lockup. without i think it hovers around 1600 to 2000 depending on throttle usage.

Try and see if ur fule filter is clooged.
Air Filter and tube make sure there is no obstruction. Bad IAC (Idle Air Control) motor.
that all i can think right now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.