DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

New member from Va. '00 Intrepid

2K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  COGlory 
#1 ·
How's it going everyone I'm Chris new to the site and to the Intrepid. Just bought it yesterday but I'm no stranger to the online forums. So I wasted no time finding this place and hope that I can get some good info and mod ideas from here.

The car is for my wife so most of my plans as far as modding go are going to be audio and visual. I have to other cars that all my performance and racing mods go on. I'd like to make this a nice Mom car for my wife. She's driven nothing but junk cars and mini vans.

I lurked a little last night to get a feel for the site and saw alot of Chrysler 300 m cars are here and I'm very interested in what are the body differences and how hard would a conversion be? I really like the 300m body.

BTW: Is this forum supported by Tapatalk or have it own mobile app?

Well here are a couple pics of the '00 Intrepid R/T, '96 Trans Am, and '94 CamaroZ28.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome! There's a mobile app, but I don't use it. Check some of the other posts, I believe it adds a footer to each post.

BTW, you're just 3 hours from one of our meet spots. Always a good time. :whistle: Check this thread for date/time and other details:
Southern Spring Meet, April 19-21 2013, Zebulon, NC
(Ignore any references to any other date; the date has been changed to April 19-21.)

There's one person attending from your area. Possible caravan...

#3 ·
Welcome Chris, I'm Chris from Va. Beach and a been known to visit this forum for a post or two. Don was talking about me with the caravan (Thanks Don).

There's a handful of 300M interior mods you can put in the R/T and a few performance parts without going over board. Items like Auto Headlight, Concorde or LHS seats, 300M special sway bars (the R/T might have a similar front one) are a few to name.

Look around and ask any questions, maybe you can swing down to Dan's meet, lots of fun.

Late!

#5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes guys! Are there any problems that are fairly normal that I should watch out for?

As far as the visual mods I was refering to earlier how difficult are doing exterior mods like a 300M cloan?
Or better yet any one have a link to a thread about it?

#6 ·
Well there's that o-ring at the front of the plenum that tends to leak. You could get that taken care of in a bit less than 10 weeks in about 300 seconds. :biggrin:

<Quietly under breath>
O-rings!
</under breath>

The inner tie rod bushing seem to need replacing on a fairly regular basis. Expensive if done at the dealer, but not bad at all if you do it yourself with the right Moog replacement kit.

#7 ·
inner tie rod bushings, gotta change that timing belt at 100K, cam/crank sensors can be trouble... nothing too serious.

You can put a 300m front clip on with some modification, a few have done it, but the rear doors and all the sheetmetal on the back are completely different.

Some 300m/LHS goodies will definitely liven up the interior. Chrome switches and handles., heated leather, auto climate control, Signal mirrors, CD changers, auto-headlights, steering wheel controls, all fairly easy mods.

and Welcome!

#9 ·
inner tie rod bushings, gotta change that timing belt at 100K, cam/crank sensors can be trouble... nothing too serious.
Dang it! I forgot to mention the timing belt at 105,000 miles or 7(?) years whichever comes first. Some have gone longer, but it's better to change it than to worry that you'll crash your valves unexpectedly one day...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.