DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

my 02' PT Cruiser Custom

5K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  2ToneR/T 
#1 ·

This is one of my "other" rides.....02' PT Cruiser....1 of 3 built by Chrysler that year for 5 Star dealerships...came exactly as u see her...Full Xenon "Crusher" body kit, woodgrain flames, interior was totally switched to 2 tone grey/tan leather with captains chairs...Bose stereo system...I personally added a Borla Stainless Steel cat-back exhaust, Airaid throttle body spacer and cold-air intake, the chrome pillars, chrome tail-light covers and after this pic 17" Boyd Coddington wheels....
This car was 1 of 3 made...if u look at APC aftermarket parts website the "red" version is their model car and I saw the "blue" version at a car show in Indianapolis, IN where this pic was taken....wish I had a pic of his....exactly like mine but he had already changed the wheels...it came with a plaque, dash plaque, official letter from the head of Chrysler congratulating me on the purchase and other paperwork to show it was 1 of 3....
I know its not a speedy car or anything, but the exhaust sounds great and I get alot of compliments....

See less See more
#2 ·
I bought this car brand new btw....forgot to mention that.....it only has about 27000 miles on it now....its garage kept and babied....lol....my last "new car" car purchase.....soon to do a few upgrades to her...
1. 9600K HID kit for headlights/fogs
2. possible "california ragtop" install over the winter
3. lowering springs or air ride...
4. all LED bulbs throught
5. black out the tail lights
6. probably a 7" flip out head unit like my trep...Pioneer AHV-P6300BT

#7 ·
well as much as I'd like to hope a 1 of 3 PT cruiser would skyrocket in value.....it probably won't....I thought about never driving it, never touching it, keeping it waxed and in one of those temp/humidity controlled bubbles you can park your car in in the garage....lol....then I thought, ITS A PT CRUISER...not a shelby cobra, or lingenfelter corvette.....it was hard to do much to it...all stuff I've done is bolt on....i kept the original exhaust, I kept the original airbox and assembly....the chrome is just 3m taped on...easily removed...lol....I just customized it....more.....to my liking....and surprisingly it sounds pretty badass....for a 4 cylinder....not fart-can but bassy....Its not a turbo....i went to buy a GT Cruiser with the turbo but they were brand new then....NO deals...i got this one for a great deal over what a regular PT went for cuz they said no one wanted to touch it with the flames on it....HAHA! REALLY??? I'll take that ****!!! So I did!

#10 ·
I met the owner of the Blue version at a PT Cruiser meet in Indianapolis at Gasoline Alley by the Indy 500 track.....he bought his in Columbus, OH....where he lives....that was a few years ago.....haven't heard from him at all since....I have only seen the Red version since APC aftermarket parts owns it and it IS a vehicle they use on their packaging....if u visit the APC website you'll see it....otherwise thats it....As far as the paperwork and plaques say is that the 3 cars were designed by an in-house Chrysler designer and custom work was performed by ELKHART AUTOMOTIVE here in Elkhart, IN....they do alot of the million dollar RV'S and buses for the rich people.....The cars were randomly delivered to 5 star dealerships who were in business over 25 years at that time (2002) and were basically an honor to the dealerships....I had to pry the paperwork, dash plaque and wall plaque away from the sales manager cuz he had them displayed in his office and didn't want to give them to me....a-hole....from what he said he got a big bonus and some crystal trophy from Chrysler to signify his accomplishments...blah blah blah.....lol.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.