DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Whats the difference between LHS & Concorde

18K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  timdawg 
#1 ·
I have been trying to figure out the difference between the 2. So far I know the LHS came with 3.5 engine, different speedometer (300m), front bumper with fog lights, rear bumper with reverse lights and amber turn signals in rear. The Concorde came with 2.7 standard and a 3.2 in the LXi and the lamest (in the 98-99) speedometer in the LH group. Are these the only real differences in these cars?
My other question is how hard would it be to change the front and rear bumpers on my Concorde to LHS bumpers. I like the fogs in the front and the ambers in the rear. Has anybody done this?
Yeah I know the obvious question is if I liked the LHS bumpers and all why didn't I just buy an LHS, because I couldn't find one in the price range and condition I liked when I was shopping.

#2 ·
Didn't the 2nd gen LHS have projector headlights and the Concorde Limited which was the LHS replacement? I almost bought a 2002 Concorde Limited and it had projector headlights along with the 3.5. Just my observations.

#3 ·
Up to 2001, the Chrysler LHS and Concorde were two different cars. But the body frames (even the body panels) are identical. Only difference is the front and rear bumper fascia.
The LHS was the upscale version with a bigger engine and all the nice bells and whistles.
In 2002, Chrysler discontinued the LHS and its body was adopted as the 2002 Chrysler Concorde ProAm Limited (They eventually dropped the ProAm badge).

If you look at the Concordes 2002 and up, they are externally identical to the 2001 LHS.

Reactions: timdawg
#4 ·
98-01 Concorde & 99-01 LHS differences that i'm aware of:

Interiors are majorly different. LHS has the same interior as a 300M, minus the auto-stick. LHS has the EVIC standard, i think that the OTIS was an availible option on the corde. Wood trim on the LHS is not a standard option:

Concorde:

LHS:

Front bumper is completly different, and the LHS has projector lenes, the Corde does not:

Concorde:

LHS:

Rear bumper itself is different, but i think sheetmetal in the rear should be a pretty close match, if not identical. Reverse lights on the corde are integrated into the tail lights. On the LHS, their on the bumper itself.

Corde:

LHS:

LHS got Razorstar wheels, either in Chrome or Silver. Concorde wheels were anywhere from steelies to, well i don't know what stock concorde rims are now that i think of it :D

Also, the slew of standard features on the LHS, compared to the Optional features on the Concorde:
LHS Standard Features:
# Automatic 4-speed transaxle
# Antenna integral to rear window
# Next generation driver and front-passenger air bags*
# Battery-saver feature turns off headlights if left on over 10 minutes
# Brake-park interlock requires driver to apply brake before shifting from Park
# Four-wheel disc antilock brakes
# Trunk cargo net, envelope design
# The Chrysler Memory System which includes: personalized settings for two drivers and driver's power seat adjustments, power exterior mirrors and radio station presets
# Overhead console includes: twin map lamps, compass, display for outside temperature, trip computer and HomeLink Universal Transceiver® for control of three remote items
# Floor console includes: cup holders, coin holder, cassette, CD storage, and rear-seat heat and A/C outlets
# Electric rear window defroster
# Power door locks with speed-sensitive auto-locking and child protection rear door lock features
# Dynamic Side-Impact Intrusion Protection
# Quad-halogen headlamps with automatic on/off and delay features
# Fog lamps that are integrated into the front fascia
# Dual power heated, exterior mirrors with memory feature
# Automatic dimming day/night rearview mirror
# 12-volt power accessory outlets located in floor console and instrument panel
# Remote Keyless Entry with 2 transmitters
# Royale leather-trim seats
# Heated front-bucket seats with eight-way power driver and front-passenger seats, driver's manual lumbar support and four-way adjustable head restraints
# Contoured rear bench seat with two-way outboard headrests, trunk pass-through and fold-down armrest with storage and cupholders
# Sentry Key® Engine Immobilizer includes two encoded keys
# AM/FM stereo cassette and CD player, Infinity Spatial Imaging Sound Systemtm with 240-watt amplifier, nine speakers in seven locations, steering wheel mounted audio controls [-Infinity II system]
# Electronic Steering wheel-mounted speed controls
# Speed sensitive, power-assisted, rack-and-pinion steering
# Front independent suspension with gas-charged MacPherson struts and stabilizer bar
# Rear independent suspension multilink with Chapman struts and stabilizer bar
# P225/55R17 all-season touring tires
# 17-inch aluminum wheels
# Low-speed traction control
# User-ready compatible child seats top tether anchors on rear window shelf
# Power windows with driver's one-touch-down feature
# Windshield wipers two-speed with variable and speed-sensitive intermittent modes
# Front-outboard height adjustable seatbelts; rear non-height adjustable seatbelts; 3-point seatbelts at all positions
# Leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob
# Analog clock in instrument panel and digital clock in radio
# Electroluminescent instrument cluster
# Sun visors with extensions and illuminated vanity mirrors
# Seat belt cluster lamp telltale operation stays on until driver buckles up
# Upper interior head impact protection that is a Federal requirement for 2003
# Inside emergency trunk lid release

Concorde Standard Features:
LX:

# Air conditioning
# Next Generation environmentally friendly driver and front-passenger air bags*
# Aluminum 2.7-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine that produces 200 horsepower
# Four-wheel 16" disc brakes
# A convenient tilt height-adjustable steering column
# Power locks and mirrors, and one-touch power windows with driver one-touch down feature
# The easy comfort of premium cloth trimmed seats
# Driver and front-passenger buckets with many fine comfort features
# Front independent suspension with gas-charged MacPherson struts and stabilizer bar
# Rear independent suspension multilink with Chapman struts and stabilizer bar
# A rear contoured bench with trunk pass-through and fold-down armrest with storage and cupholders
# 16" wheels with bolt-on wheel covers
# P225/60R16 BSW all-season touring tires
# AM/FM stereo radio with cassette player
# Envelope style trunk cargo net
# Power remote and inside emergency trunk lid releases
# Remote Keyless and Illuminated Entry System
# Brake-Park interlock
# User-ready compatible child seat rear top tether anchors at the backseat and child protection rear door locks
# 12-volt power accessory outlets (2)
# Electric rear window defroster
# Front side-window demisters
# Power door locks with speed-sensitive auto locking feature and rear door child protection locks
# Dynamic side-impact intrusion protection
# Two-speed windshield wiper system with speed-sensitive and intermittent mode features
# Revised seat belt cluster lamp telltale operation stays on until driver buckles up
# Upper interior head impact protection that is a Federal requirement for 2003
# Speed control with steering wheel mounted controls
# Envelope style trunk cargo net
# Battery saver and starter interrupt features
# Floor console with rear seat area, heat/AC vents, cupholders and storage
# Illuminated visor vanity mirrors

LXI includes all of the above plus:
Concorde LXi Standard Features:

The features found on the Concorde LX, as well as:

* Aluminum 3.2-liter SOHC 24-valve V6 engine that produces 222 horsepower
* ABS Low-Speed Traction Control and speed proportional power steering
* A deluxe leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter knob
* Automatic temperature control air conditioning
* The luxury of Royale leather-trimmed seats
* HomeLink Universal® Transceiver, trip computer, compass and outside temperature reading
* Eight-way power driver and front-passenger buckets with many fine comfort features
* Vehicle Theft Security System and Sentry Key™ Engine Immobilizer for added security
* AM/FM stereo radio with combined cassette/CD players, 120-watt amplifier and graphic equalizer with 8 speakers in 6 locations
* 16" Silver painted aluminum wheels

#5 ·
Very good answers. Now the other part of the question about changing the front and rear bumper should be very easy. It looks like I would have to change the headlights, as the turn signal is integrated into the headlights on the LHS, and rewire the turn signals. Hook up fog lights to my headlight switch (I already have the auto headlight fog switch installed, thanks TFC). As for the rear I would need new tail lights and then have to rewire it all. Ok anybody found any wrecked LHS' in the yards???

#7 ·
NoLedge said:
hey LHSDriver...I have a concorde and I was wondering if those projector headlights would swap onto my car. Keep in mind its not a 2002 and up but a 2001 concorde. Thanks in advance

The projectors will fit on a concorde, but there will be a gap between the bottom of the light and the bumper. 97intrepides did it to his 2G concorde before he sold it....

#11 ·
will fit

i know for a fact that the front bumper will fit, u just need the headlights as well. I am looking at doing this mod, the measurement have been made and it will work, just need to find a bumper.

#13 ·
Wow I can't believe you found this old thread. I've found the bumpers on ebay but I will probably got to a u-pull when it gets warmer and see if I can get the parts there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.