DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2003 sxt 3.5 running rich

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  larse24 
#1 ·
I have a 2003 sxt that will not run right at this time...
The codes are
P0152
P0158

Which I know are high voltage on the second bank of O2 sensors

P0172
P0175

Which is fuel system too rich on both banks

and

Po300

Which is random missfire

Also, I had the transmission rebuilt in july and I noticed yesterday that the fluid although it was very clean, had a slight burnt smell to it, and I also had a O2 sensor replaced in august

I have put many hours into this car, getting sick of all of the little fixes and this problem has me confused, just looking for answers

Thanks!

See less See more
#7 ·
It's a broad area. I've seen some shops offer to do the job for $199 for parts and labor. I know the dealer wants $300 alone for the timing belt and tensioner plus $50/hr for labor. So you can already see prices are all over the place.

I'm intending to do it myself here in a few weeks. Requires you remove the rad-support, balancer, belts and the timing belt cover from the motor. Than it's a all belt time from there. Some go as far as removing the front bumper, structural bumper and rad so they have much more room to work.

Been looking online for TB prices and you can have them from anywhere in the neighborhood of $30-$300, from Mopar to weird brands you'll never want to touch. Goodyear belt's go for about $70 which isn't bad.

Expect to be encouraged too do your water pump now as well, since you'll be right there to do it. Beyond that point, once you do a TB, WP and T-stat, your 3.5 should be ready for another million miles until the next interval. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.