DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Restoring Old Headlights

11K views 30 replies 19 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 ·
Used: BlueMagic Headlight Restorer.
No Sandpaper needed.
I only used a rough wash cloth.
I only had to put a dime size of BlueMagic on the cloth and rubbed it on the headlight lens for a couple of minutes. I then Washed it off. I applied it one more time only using about a dime size and washed it off again. Now looks like a new headlight.
The pictures dont give the product justice!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Good work!!!!
I guess those are nice headlights but some of us were looking for something different.:D:drool:
Just kidding!!!! Or maybe not!!!
Do I really want these guys looking at your headlights? Even those? Mmmm, nope like these guys, just not that much!!!!:D

#14 ·
I fixed mine with Crest Whitening

I saw the videos on Youtube and thought it was a hoax for sure. But then I bought some of the Crest whitening toothpaste, and used is on each headlight and after rinsing off the lights, I was amazed they were clear. I understand this is only temporary and will need to be done again, but I am still shocked it worked.

Attachments

#18 ·
I saw the videos on Youtube and thought it was a hoax for sure. But then I bought some of the Crest whitening toothpaste, and used is on each headlight and after rinsing off the lights, I was amazed they were clear. I understand this is only temporary and will need to be done again, but I am still shocked it worked.
You can also put a coat of Auto Polish on there... make it last longer.

#25 ·
Do you mean Rubbing Compound or Polishing Compound? Both are commonly available at many stores. Rubbing compound would be very course compared to the polishing compound.

#26 ·
rubbing.

specifically the 3M from Wal-Mart.

never seen polishing compound...

I could imagine rubbing than polishing might be real good.
the 3m headlight restoration kit finishes off with rubbing compound.

the lights look factory new (or friggin close to it) in my experience.
some people make the mistake of spraying clear-coat and other crap that makes them look horrible.

#28 ·
You can find both in cans like this at many Auto Parts stores and more....

Here's some examples..in this case Turtle wax....
Polishing compound

And the same manufacturer for rubbing compound

Like i said the polishing Compound will be a finer abrasive than Rubbing compound. It might not cut heavy oxidation as fast as the rubbing compound.

If the Rubbing compound works for you, I'd be curious to see if following it with polishing compound makes it look even better.

I'll be experimenting with Polishing compound on my original MSRT8 headlights which have developed a case of the creeping crud...aka oxidation on them.

#31 ·
I'll check into the 3M Rubbing Liquid stuff. I'm guessing it's somewhere between the Rubbing and Polishing pastes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.