Well, it looks like the Interceptor project has a good chance of working out. I have spent the last week working on swapping the engines out. And it has been interesting. I decided just to drop the subframes instead of removing just the engines. I found this to be faster and a lot simpler as well. I was able to bolt the 3.5's subframe onto the silver car last night before I went to bed.
Both engines are out! the one on the left is the fried 3.3, the one on the right is the 3.5 which is its replacement.
Thankfully I was able to use our garage to do the swap in.
The 3.5 is bolted into position, all I need to do is plug everything in and test it out. And wait for parts from Michigan as well.
I am just waiting on parts now, but I should have it running by this weekend!
Well, here is the final update I will be doing for this car.
I was able to get the car running and used it for a while to get me to and from my new job. But then my brother moved back and needed a car, I sold him the Mk 2. I am now driving a 2007 F150 5.4 which I picked up at the local dealer.
Tomorrow, the Mk 1 will be heading down to the scrap yard. I will be at work when this happens, which is probably a good thing.
Goodbye old friend
It was fun while it lasted, but it is time for my intrepids to drive into the sunset. Goodbye old friends.