Stock radio eats power ??
Hi guys, have a strange issue plugging in a stock 2004 radio (MU9CY24G) to my '99 ES. After bout a week it has sucked the power from the battery. it seems it sucks to much mw when ACC is off. When i start the car and drive everyday, its fine.. but leaving the car for a few days is enough to drain batt. so much I cant start the car...
Funny thing is, I used to have another '99 trep 5 years ago, had the same radio in it, and nothing like this ever happended ?
I noticed the wiring on the radio adapter has two pink(power) which goes via adapter to car harness, which as one pink. I suppose this goes to batt.
Would it solve it, if I cut one of the two pinks on the adapter ?
any suggestions appreciated.
really wanna get this stock radio installed instead of some lame alpine thing the car came with...