DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

New here but not to wrenching

1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  volaredon 
#1 ·
Wow I can post now! I signed on here ~6 month ago and for some unknown reason, I haven't been able to post here; I E mailed Daytrepper via another site I am on, and he got me straightened out, THANKS!
I am an old (40-something) tech, been out of the business for a few years> but am diving headlong back into it w/a new job, the 1st of Feb.... I was an alignment& brake guy (and ASE Master certified) for 18 years but I stupidly let those lapse when I went to "the other side" where I found the grass wasn't as green as it looked from the wrenching side of the fence... I should have never left the field....
I made stops in industrial maint, got badly hurt in my own yard--- bad enough to land me on Disability so i went back to school and got an Associates degree, plus a CDL and been scratching and clawing my way back to respectability in the job market;

I 1st registered here as a source for info as I reluctantly tackled my 1st 2.7 teardown on a friend's car.. but being my own Mom has a '98 Trep w/a 3.2 that in all likeliness will eventually find its way into my driveway, I figured that this site could teach me plenty.
Now that I fought my way thru that '02 2.7 on my own, I can finally post here..
(no it hasn't been here that long) but that 2.7 started and ran last nite for the 1st time in almost 2 years.... i have had it about 8 months.
I am behind the times, as my engine repair experience is primarily pushrod OHV engines and small engines like Briggs and Stratton/ old cast iron Kohlers...over the last 30 years (yes, I have been messing with engines since I was a Teen)
this was my 1st 4 cam, 4 valve per cylinder overhead cam engine job.... and admittedly I was a little scared of it, especially being someone else's car.... I don't like doing the guinea pig thing, "experimenting" on some one else's car that I am not familiar with. but it's running now, holding its cool, and unlike last time it ran, very quiet. My typical automotive interests are older RWD Mopars, Dodge trucks, and inline 6 powered Jeeps.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.