DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Trep/charger grille

8K views 40 replies 21 participants last post by  ncfrc 
#1 ·
Brainstorming ideas to change up my front grille eventually.
Playing around with photoshop, thought this looked pretty cool.
Imitating a charger r/t grille.
What do you guys think?

See less See more
#7 ·
Well... Glad to see I'm not the only one doing this nonsense! LOL

I like the idea, just need something, hmm.

I've spent time figuring out how I could add that "cross" that you see on the SRT's, like the Neon and Viper to the Intrepid. Yes! I realize there IS a production bumper that does exactly that, but, those vehicles I've seen it installed one (excluding two), it's looked hideous on. People don't put the body work time in and just bolt it on. That said, the kit neglects a lot of flow and elemental lines that are important to the car.

Hell, even the new '13 Viper's front end may look cool. Here is a quick Photoshop'ing I did up. Not perfect but, hmm I'm even liking it to much for something stupid.

Attachments

#8 ·
haha, i agree it would look better with some fogs or drls down there. Ill see what I can come up with next time im messing around on photoshop again.

Only problem in doing this is its impossible to find good honeycomb material that isnt just a cheap wire mesh. May need to explore other options idk

#13 ·
See how FREAKING sexy that looks?!?!

The Fog bumper wouldn't be hard to modify. Remove the fog, and with some crafting you'd have the intakes. The center would be a bastard as far as the plastic insert with all the cross pieces. Would need to cut those off a Neon bumper or something. Just a matter of cutting from the fog to the other fog for the center.

NAPA makes this two part compound. You mix it like JB Weld, and apply it like body fill. When dried, it's stronger then hell, flexible as hell and very sculpt-able. Just a matter of using a soldering iron to fuse segments of urethane pieces together, then applying the two part compound for structure and surface.

I'm gonna pick up another bumper and give this a shot.

#17 ·
If only it were easier to get my hands on a 2013 viper fascia lol. Even if they were available they'd probably be well over a grand. But, it probably wouldn't be extremely difficult to modify one to fit on the trep's front end if you did get your hands on one, the two cars are pretty much the same width (trep is 74.6 inches wide and viper is 76.4 inches).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.