DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

What to do what to do...

So I tinted my windows.

3K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  RapidFireXVI 
#1 ·
I did a really shitty job. And Im not surprised. It was cheap tint and my first time trying to tint. Im just wondering if I should try again with higher quality anti-bubbling tint, or save up and get it done professionally. Or maybe even scrap the whole tint idea.
Pictures:
Before:

After:

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
You bombed that tint job. Have a pro do it if you've never done tint before. These are not the easiest cars to tint.

They ***** about these cars. I had mine done, had a couple shops refuse or give me the run around because of our gigantic back window.

It wasnt that much money...IIRC it was $180.....saved the headache.

#10 · (Edited)
I'm going to rip it off later today. I hope it doesn't leave any mess behind.

Hope you didn't pay a lot of $$$ for the Ecrap tint?

Don't think 35% tint will do much to lessen heat on the interior either. Does your state have tint laws that specify the % for rear/rear side windows?
I only wasted about $30 Canadian off ebay for it. As for the tint law:

The window tinting law in British Columbia in the BC Motor Vehicle Act Regulations section 7.05(8) states that:

No person shall drive or operate on a highway a motor vehicle which has affixed to
or placed on the windshield or a window any material that reduces the light
transmitted through the windshield or window unless the material is affixed to or
placed on

(a) the windshield but not more than 75 mm below the top of the windshield
(b) a side window that is behind the driver, or
(c) the rear window if the motor vehicle is equipped with outside rear view
mirrors on the left and right side of the motor vehicle.
I'm assuming it can be as dark as I want. But one of my friends said limo tint (5%) is illegal, but I haven't seen that written anywhere yet.

#9 ·
Hope you didn't pay a lot of $$$ for the Ecrap tint?

Don't think 35% tint will do much to lessen heat on the interior either. Does your state have tint laws that specify the % for rear/rear side windows?

#14 ·
Probably because it wasn't applied properly and hasn't been on there long enough to "Bake" on. heh.

#16 ·
I'm no pro
But I've seen tint applied by cleaning the window first, we get that
But also by spraying the window with windex, and the tint as you remove the backing, this allows for it to not stick until it dries, and allows you to remove the bubbles easy

Anyone try this before?

#22 ·
The instructions said soapy water in a spray bottle. So that's what I used. I can take any critizism. :) Show us how it looks when your done.

Ronbo said:
When you get to a shop they'll be able to tell you what is Legal tint for your area. They'll also be more than happy to tint darker than legal with a signed waiver and probably an up charge.

Be aware that if you go darker than legal and get caught with it you'll most likely be required to remove it to satisfy the ticket. An even bigger expense than the original tint.

If I were you..I'd look into the local laws regarding tint before going in to have the work done. That way you've got an idea of you can tint to without problems. In the end it's all up to you. Just trying to keep you out of trouble and more $$$ in the future
I looked it up before. I just can't tint the front windows. Only rear. And right now it isnt a priority since I'm broke.

#21 · (Edited)
When you get to a shop they'll be able to tell you what is Legal tint for your area. They'll also be more than happy to tint darker than legal with a signed waiver and probably an up charge.

Be aware that if you go darker than legal and get caught with it you'll most likely be required to remove it to satisfy the ticket. An even bigger expense than the original tint.

If I were you..I'd look into the local laws regarding tint before going in to have the work done. That way you've got an idea of you can tint to without problems. In the end it's all up to you. Just trying to keep you out of trouble and more $$$ in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.