DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

weird tranny problem

917 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  EagleESI 
#1 ·
Well, my tranny starts to act up a little bit weird, change the solenoid pack at 204.925 miles (actually has 213.217) but the transmission keep going into limp ONLYwhen the car is turning in a corner (hopefully explain myself) especially when I turn on "U" corners, transmission have ATF +4 and i have no idea what is causing the limp.

I hope you can give me some suggestions. thanks!

#2 ·
First thing to check is if the fluid level is correct. 2nd thing that comes to mind is that some people have had issues with the seal that was supplied with an aftermarket transmission oil filter that caused problems with air being drawn through the pump. I can't recall their exact symptoms, but if the fluid level is correct then I would consider doing a fluid and filter change with an OEM filter and seal to see if that takes care of the problem.

My thoughts is the fluid may either be low and going to one side or the other while turning (allowing air to enter through the filter) or there is a poor seal between the filter and where it mounts (if driving straight the fluid level may be high enough in that spot to prevent air from being taken in whereas during a turn it may be allowing air to enter instead). I think the 2nd one is more likely.

#3 ·
Check the transmission fluid today and seems to be good, tranny stills going into limp mode in corners... i´m thinking in get tha POS off and put a 2.7 transmission on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.