DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

idle air control valve (IAC): Can anyone help me?

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  alarkyokie 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I just bought a 99 2.7L Intrepid and have been searching around on how to improve the way it runs. I came across the subject of cleaning the IAC. There is a How To forum pertaining to this matter in the 1st generation Intrepids. Is it still the same for the 2nd generation Intrepids?

Also if and when I do clean out the IAC, is there any tips ya'll can give me before I attempt to try this? Thanks.

-Mark

#3 ·
Hello,

I did search and found nothing to help me. I searched again and again found only people complaining or asking what a IAC is. Now Im here asking for help. If you cant help me find where to locate the IAC or how to clean it, please do not post. Thank you very much. Im trying to find out if the IAC is exactly the same as the 1st gen Intrepids?

#8 ·
How to clean it:
Spray the hell out of it with carbon cleaner. Wipe clean. Put back on.

#9 ·
never mind guys. Thanks anyways. All of the links everyone posted, Ive been through. Except the pics arent being uploaded. But I get the hint. Thanks.

#10 ·
I tried again to upload the pics and Warlords pic came up. I appreciate it. It really helped.

#11 ·
Info!
There is a Factory Shop Manual (2002) on this website.(how-to section).
Huge file- but it will tell you more than you could ever hope to ask
about everything in or on an Intrepid. My 'trep is a '00, and this reference was 98% still the same! I swapped out a dead 2.7L, and it sure helped me!
Bull**** not used much here- everyone tries to be helpful!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.