DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Beer cooler sandblaster cabinet.

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
This was a display cooler used at a gas station to sell individual beers that had the cases damaged but now the station has been torn down to widen the road so it was given to me on there last day open.

The sandblaster gun i bought on eBay a couple months ago and have run a few hundred pounds of sugar sand through it and i have to say it works great.

I still need to make a removable lid with ah window and light in it and also need to add the gloves through the side.

This is where im at now with the build.

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
Looks awesome, Ty!
Thanks Guys!!!

"Ty, the Mopar MacGuyver"

Friggin cool idea man. How do you find room to store all this stuff? Lol
Now you got me thinking how i will use the paper clips and bubble gum lol.

I have no space in my shop for anything else so this will live in the Florida room.

There's enough beer coolers to go around, one can be sacrifice for a cool toy.
I have four large coolers now so yeah this one is a willing sacrifice lol.

#7 ·
Got the plywood top cut and the plexi-glass window roughed in today,

The plexi-glass started life off as a golf cart windshield that was in very bad shape untill i polished it up.

The plexi-glass will be cut to a one inch overlap and a rubber seal made from a bicycle inner tube will go in between.

#14 ·
Well after racking my brain trying to figure out how i am going to easily remove and replace the lid i found these on eBay that i think will work nicely.

Also got the foam rubber seal installed on the top edge of the cooler and the rubber seal between the plexi-glass and wood top done,

Pics tomorrow got to dark to take any good ones today.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.