DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

95 intrepid speakers

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  markak134 
#1 ·
ok I have quite a few questions. first, in my 1995 intrepid I want to put 2 1100w sony xplod's but I don't know what amp I need. my second question, would it be better to keep the original head unit or should i go aftermarket head unit? third question, I want to swap all old original speakers for new ones, should I go with aftermarket speakers (and if so what should I get and what sizes) or try to find new original infiniti speakers?

#2 ·
I have 1 sony xplod running on a 600 watt amp, but 1000watt amp should suffice. To go off the original head unit, if you get it done professionally, you'll need an adapter. In my 2004 Chrysler 300m it was about $60 for the adapter and $40 for work. If you want a direct hook up for your phone etc I'd go with an aftermarket unit. Lastly, switching all the old for decent aftermarket speaker would be an expensive task so I believe just try finding some barely used/ cheap new ones that will fit.

#3 · (Edited)
first find out the rms rating on the speakers ignore the max watt rating.. then go here and figure out the final ohm load
http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

and match it to the power output(rms watts) on the amp for that ohm load.

i would reccomend Sonic Electronix.com it had alot of inventory and cheap prices and you probaly would want to get an aftermarket headunit it will sound way better has more control options. and i dont think stock headunits usually come with rca things and you need those

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.