DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Catylist monitor "Not ready"

6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  bigdan10181 
#1 ·
What would be the cause for this monitor to not go into readiness mode??
I took it in for inspection and they pointed out that this monitor won't go into "Ready Mode" I've driven close to 1000 miles since then, still not Ready.
I haven't had the battery unplugged in over a yr.so it couldn't be that.

#2 ·
Could need something as simple as a flash for the PCM, or have the PCM reset.
I would call a Dodge dealer and see if there any flashes for Readiness Mode.
When I was a service advisor we did have a Mini-van that took 6 weeks of driving to reset all the monitors.
I would call the dealer first.
Tom

#3 ·
If you still have the issues mentioned in your other thread, the monitor will show "not ready". Certain other DTCs will cause this. Could have a bad cat or 02 sensor as well. They are a pain in the ass to reset, takes a long time.

#4 ·
Yea I haven't found the problem with the misfire issue either but have been driving it in a way that hasn't created any codes for quite a while.
Could I be getting a mild enough misfire that not only can I not feel it but it also does not create codes and still causes the catalyst monitor not go into "Ready" status?

#6 ·
Yepper. Stop and go, lot's of highway (30-50+ miles on one start) , to and from work (10 miles each way) for several weeks.
It may be that the issue that causes my misfire at full throttle is causing this catalyst issue but I don't really know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.