DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

98 concorde flashing check engine light when warming up only

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
My 1998 Concorde when first warming up, usually within the first 5 miles it will start missing and today check engine light began flashing after taking off from stop sign. It did that about 20 seconds. It misses during this time. Then it quits and everything is fine.

3.2 motor.
It must be colder out for it to do this. Todays morning temp in MN was 22 degrees. It started doing this last winter but not as bad. No check engine light came on. Just a slight miss at stop signs. Then gone completey after 10 miles or so.

Culprit is cold weather and stop signs. First stop sign is 1.8 miles away. Car is fine. It is that next one 3.2 miles away, that it has the miss when stopped.

Doesn't do it when cold or starting, but that "almost warm" period. Only.

I tried the Sea foam into Intake and a couple other cleaners like it, last year. Didnt help.

I am thinking it is Oxy sensor? Plugs have 30k on them approx--Platinum type.

New plugs I will try for sure anyway.

Thanks! Jeff

See less See more
#6 ·
I tried it...no codes...But I assume the check engine light must be on to trigger it...I suppose when it does it again to pull over and check it.

Our morning low was 51 degrees today. At stop sign taking off, it did a couple misses, not enough to trigger the engine lite.

#7 ·
Interesting... you should get codes if stored, even if the light isn't on. If the light was flashing, I'd expect them to be stored.

Someone with a second gen will have to confirm what will display if there are no codes.

If you are doing the key dance right, and nothing displays, I'd suspect a bad BCM or PCM (or both), but lets not go down that path yet..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.