DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Meguiar's Ultimate Compound: The Ultimate Review.

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  rapide 
#1 ·
Well, this may be just another product review thread, but this stuff actually works!
Here's a picture of it on the trunk. (which has not been cleaned with this before/yet)

How to use:
Personally, I use many paper towels to perform this, and the method to apply is the same as waxing the car, except for the fact that this does not offer any protection/waterproofing that wax does, actually because its an abrasive, it will remove some of the protection that is left. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WAXING AFTER USING THIS PRODUCT!

And finally for the pictures. I used it on the rear portion only (left side of picture), the front still needs to be done, but that will happen after Mid-Term Exams (Might I just add :ahh:).

Note the scratches on the front (right side) that are not on the finished side (minus wax).

ALWAYS FOLLOW PRODUCT WARNING LABELS

See less See more
#4 ·
Only problem is that while I tested a few spots by hand it didn't much if anything at all. The scratches on the area i tested were 'filled in' so they appeared darker relative to the rest of the paint but were still there. Only a buffer can really heat the clear coat enough to actually get rid of the scratches.

#8 ·
Well, I found the power buffer, and as a reward for finding it, I was allowed to use it! Here's the final results the first thing next day. (I'll get better pics when the snow melts)

And the mirrors: I found this and the wiper cowl to be the most interesting "Find"
When New (deer accident is why the mirror is so dirty)

Note the shine

And Now:

#10 ·
i use this stuff when refurbing ATC displays on the clear lens. I also buff headlights with it and wax afterward. You dont need a headlight polishing kit. this is all you need, with a microfiber cloth, and wax.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.