DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Custom SMD-LED Reflector/3rd brakelight bar & tails

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  el_charal 
#1 · (Edited)
I used four red 96-LED tail light bulbs, 2 red 66-LED rear side marker, 2 red 66-LED 3rd brake light bulbs and four 30-LED strips for the custom reflector bar. :sohappy:

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I cut 3 rectangular holes with a rotary tool and that gave me just enough space to put my fingers and the strips in there. The strips are 20 inches long each and I put 4 total. 2 on top 2 on bottom (2 each side). I put 3M double sided tape on the strips and carefully taped them inside the reflector bar. It came out ok I think. I could've been more careful.

#7 ·
I do not have pics. I'll make sure I take pics next time when I do this mod to my future Intrepid. :D I attached a pic of the led strip Just search on eBay "50 cm red led strip". You'll also need 3m double-sided tape, and something to cover up the rectangular holes. I just used plastic hobby sheets that I painted silver and a lot of shipping tape lol. But it worked, kept all moisture out. Good luck.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Thanks, I really like the way it looks. I would actually like to upgrade all of the lights back there to LED. Where did you buy your other bulbs?
All of my bulbs are SMD-LEDs. That includes interior, trunk, license plate, reverse lights, etc. Actually, not all. The non-SMD-LEDs are the front turn signals, the shifter, and the directional window switch on the door. But They'll soon be. :D eBay is like my Wal*Mart. I get EVERYTHING there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.