DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Project Ricer has begun! (Ronbo's Whore Thread)

Tags
fookwinds
729K views 8K replies 63 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Josh for these wheels/Tires.(I believe Tom was the original owner of these and they've floated around the community since!) Bought them like 14 months ago and finally put them on. Powder coated 18" Special wheels in Titanium Metallic.

Need to install the "new" door/fender as shown in this picture! That'll happen later this week.

Worked on rewiring the stereo and installing new amps today. Love the Plug-N-Play PAC LOC that I installed and replaced the original crap spliced in LOC. Got to say the original installer was a "Hack"! All that's left is to clean up and bundle the wiring.

Started on the "Hybrid" interior swap. Installed a set of Light Taupe Special seats today. Thanks to Josh for the great deal on the seats. Swapped out the Slate Center Console/Side Panels along with the Glove Box Door and Drivers Dash Knee Bolster for the Light Taupe Items. Removed the Agate leather Intrepid seats which are now for sale. I've got a complete 300m Taupe/Light Taupe dash and Door panels with California wood trim to go in. The 300m Dark Slate dash and door panels with rears modded for an Intrepid will be for sale after that. Faux carbon fiber trim on those pieces.

Before:

After/Now:

Here's the Taupe/Light Taupe dash with real wood trim....ready to go in.

The amplifier components and 12" sub:

See less See more
#186 ·
Most banks and lots will use the NADA guide... the Lot likes to go with NADA because that is what the banks will use, and the lot doesn't want to over extend themselves or make the new buyer over extend. SO, that said, I wouldn't count on much more than NADA for trade...

I wouldn't trade it - you own this outright, right? Needs nothing, has what you like or want... Seems a fools errand to get rid of it now as a TRADE - but, if you want to sell as cash outright, um... It is worth what ever you can find a sucker to give you. I think you could get someone into a nice car no matter what the price. I've seen price ranges all over the place for that car from $4K to near $10K.

At those miles, I assume you just did the TB/WP?

Good luck with it if you choose to sell it.

#189 ·
Thinking about making a 300m Heated/Memory Seat wiring harness upgrade for an install into an Intrepid or other 2nd gen LH that didn't have those options. Any interest for buying it? I'll only have one.

#191 ·
Hmmm....two months to April. Might wander East for a meet!

#195 ·
Still looking for a drivers side Intrepid Agate leather seat cushion. Anyone seen one in a yard? The whole seat is a possibility if the price is right.

This would be from a 2000 or earlier car. Possibly a 2001 car.

#196 · (Edited)
Getting ready for a big sale on items. Car parts and PC parts coming up this weekend! w00t!

Stereo amps, Speakers and wiring install kits, LH parts and a whole sheetload of PC stuff!

Some cheap azz Blaupunkt 12" thubz too!

#198 ·
I'm close to selling the Special. Should I do it?

Or sell Project Ricer as is for under $2k?

Hmmmmm............

#199 ·
Project Ricer would be sold with the Intrepid leather seats though! Not the swanky Special Light Taupe ones unless you wanted to Pony Up some extra cash for them! Undecided about the Stereo/Speaker/Amp situation. Again..depends on what you want to spend!

#203 ·
Do you mean using the hid bulb/ballast kit in a Special headlight assembly? Wouldn't work because of different size bulb bases. I think the Spyders take a H2(maybe H1 can't remember) base and the Special headlight uses a D1S base. D1S and D2S bulb bases are the same except D1R bulb has the igniter attached to the bulb and the D2S is just a HID bulb without igniter.

#205 ·
Just upgraded the HD in my Dell D630 from 120g to 500g! w00t! WEI rating for the hard drive went from 5.1 to 5.6 in the process. $49 for the new drive.

Will have a Dell D610 with Dock available this weekend....cheap!

#206 ·
Think I'll go out and get 5 gallons of gas for the Ricer tomorrow.

#208 ·
I am going to attempt a Morimoto projector retrofit into Spyder headlight housings in the near future. If it's doable without a lot of modification...I'll proceed with it and document the project.

#211 ·
I'll start looking into the Morimoto/Spyder retrofit next week barring any "Pesky" job interviews! LOL!

Need to get the Projector headlights on the SRT-8 anyway so it will be a good time to start all the projects.

#212 ·
Got these in yesterday and that will be my weekend project for the Ricer along with the Drivers front door replacement. w00t!

Infinity Kappa 63.9i 6.5" door speakers
Infinity Kappa 693.9i 6x9" rear deck speakers

#213 ·
Thinking I might need to source a rear package shelf cover as a replacement. I'll probably cut holes in the existing one and use the spiffy Infinity grilles for the 6x9s. That way the high notes won't be muffled by the parcel shelf cover.

Any thoughts Yay or Nay on that?

#214 ·
Will have 3 HTPCs(Home Theatre PC) for sale this weekend...stay tuned! YeeHawww!

#216 ·
Probably pretty hard to come by. Weren't they only on a few 1st gen models? Like the LHS or some crap? If that's the case then it's not worth the trouble of hunting them down.

Infinity FTW!

#220 ·
The grille is pictured above. It leaves the Mid/High Tweeters uncovered and the rest is chrome and black acoustic cloth. That's why I said they looked decent for aftermarket speaker grilles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.