DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Are those tweeters in the Dash of 97 Intrepid.

6K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  DIYer 
#1 ·
I need to replace the stereo system in the car because the speakers are blown but I noticed 3 round little 3 inch slotted plastic on the dash. As if there are tweeters there. Is that what it is? If so are they easy to take out because if I'm putting some nice speakers in the interior they might as well be replaced too. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
There's 3 of them. Thanks. The middle is probable fake right? Suppose I'd find out but this saves me time in buying new one's. What are they 3"? Just bought the car and every car HAS to have aftermarket sound equipment. Could you confim my suspicions? I believe now that there is 2 3" tweets. 6.5" in the doors and good ol 6X9 in the back. Am I right?

#8 ·
true that, put in 4 rockfords 8ohm (2 - 6½ coaxs, 2 - 6x9's), keeping the factory system and it was a toned-down garbage sounding output, dash spkrs were blown and disconnected
Had the Infinity factory system w/ the sail tweets and amp (right kick panel) kept the factory spkr wiring, & then by-passed the amp. Much better then. Now I've replaced the door spkrs w/ 6½ woofers, using small 100W amp on those, added 2 sub 10's (tween trunk & back seat) backed by a 1000W Memphis amp, currently have sail tweets (3½" MB Quartz) & 6x9's output off this head unit for now

Not caring for the R.Fosgates 6x9's now, probably replace em w/ higher end later on

#14 ·
Pretty much. All speaker output goes from head unit (I ran wires for front and used factory wires to send back) and then from the amp it goes to rear speakers and then to front of car spliced into adapter that feeds into the front stereo harness. I have photo of the harness somewhere.......

#17 ·
got everything done FYI for future readers. That is NOT a 2 din. Spoke with an installer and they said it's 1.5 din so single Din is where it's at. I've installed 3.5 inch Hertz in the dash. Kicker ES 5 1/4 inch in doors and Finally Kicker DSC 6x9's all Running off Sony Explode Deck. Sounds fantastic like there's Sub in trunk. Maybe some day wire an amp and sub but for now I'm happy since I sunk 350$ already into interior speakers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.