DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

How I came to be an Intrepid Fan

10K views 31 replies 13 participants last post by  Ruggels 
#1 ·
Well, this is not my first post, but it's about time to introduce myself...

My name is Cean (like Sean), and I live just west of Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

I'm the recent owner of a red 1994 Dodge Intrepid ES. Grey cloth interior, extended lit visors, no OTIS, solid rear seat, power driver's side seat, 4 spd automatic (not auto-stick), factory alloy wheels. Very clean paint, no more body damage than a ding here or there, and a very clean interior for being 14 years old.

I've never really liked Dodge... thought that Chrysler was the worse thing to happen to Jeep! My mother owned a 1978 3/4 ton Dodge 15 passenger van (ran great, 300,000 miles, finicky reverse gear, had a top end rebuild done to it at 250,000 miles), then I owned a 1985? Relaint with numerious computer problems. I then got a 1993 Dodge Dakota... nice truck, but beat up and horible on gas (former security company truck, but the price was right - "Come get it, make it run, you can have it!").

Following this post will be several posts, along with updates, of how I became a real Intrepid, and Dodge, fan.

#30 ·
It is kinda fun.......I just needed four doors and a steering wheel and that is how I bought my 1st Chrysler made car. It was a 2000 Dodge Intrepid w/ 2.7l engine.....jsut a plain white boring 4 door sedan. It was only running on 5 cylinders and the check engine light was on.......that was the condition I bought it in Dec 2006......I didn't know anything about the 2.7 problems. So the handy mechanic I am I brought it home and 2 days later solved the problems on the car.....I was happy now. Then 3 weeks later my wifes car died for good not worth bring back to life........so that was the last time i got to driver my 2000 intrepid again as my wife just kinda took the key and that was the last i saw it until March of 2009. My wife got a new mini van and I findly got my Intrepid back.....of coarse with 3 kids and car seats in the backseat for almost 3 years....and the way she drives.....now the car was looking pretty sorry!!!!! it had this god awfal stinch coming from the back seat. I though maybe I'll trade it in for a new Charger......That wasn't in the budget so I decided well maybe I will just fix it up and keep it for a while.....THAT IS HOW THE PROJECT BEGAN AND MANY MODS LATER!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.