DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Daytrepper's New Sig Thread

61K views 255 replies 72 participants last post by  Daytrepper 
#1 · (Edited)
Its time for a new sig with all my new mods. Here she is, start to finish:

What it was:
1998 Dodge Intrepid Base, 2.7L, Metallic Green. I bought this car in Rochester, NY with a knocking 2.7L, with only the intention of putting a new engine in and using it for a daily driver. As it was shortly after its trip back on a trailer (circa 2/2005):

I caught the mod bug shortly after, and here are the results:

EXTERIOR:
Painted Go-Mango orange and "Daytona" flat black paint striping
ES Bumper W/Fogs
Shaved Trunk Lock (welded shut) w/Charger rear emblem
2006 Charger Wheels, new take offs
245/45R18 Tires
POR-15 Rustproofing
300M Special Mirrors

INTERIOR:
Tan Leather Seating with power/heat/memory
ATC
Autostick
150 MPH Police Cluster w/autostick mod
2002 300M Special Body and dash Harness
2002 300M Special BCM
EVIC w/TPSI
RB1 Navigation
Side air bag "fooler"
Traction Control

ENGINE/DRIVETRAIN
Converted from 2.7 to 3.2L
Completely Rebuilt 3.2L engine before install
AMSOIL 5w30 Synthetic Oil
2002 300M Special PCM
2002 300M Special Wiring
"New" transmission with 900 miles
300M Special Exhaust
Front and rear 300M Special Sway Bars w/poly bushings

During the latest build (Apr-Jun 2009), a 2002 300M Special wiring harness and electronics were installed, and the engine bay painted to match the rest of the car. There are pics throughout this thread of the electronics conversion.

I never imagined I would make this car what it is today. It continues to be an ongoing project, and a daily driver, in the warm months.

To Shawn (Cokey11), Ross (TFC), Doug (dudley), Tom (Shadowvox6), Jake (Bodyman), and everyone else that has helped make this car what it is; you guys are awesome this would not have been possible, nor feasible without you. I cannot thank you enough.

As it was in 2010:

As it is today 1/20/2021:

See less See more
#4 ·
The trep does look great and I use to think I would never see this trep in person, wow was I really wrong there. This trep looks great in photos and great in person. Too bad mine only looks good in pictures. Just by looking at the pictures this trep was redone/repainted the right way no corners were cut. That is what I love the most about this trep! Cant wait to see what is left on the mod list.

#9 ·
Thanks guys! In addition, some 300M special mirrors, a rebuilt transmission, and a performance intake/exhaust are in its future, hopefully before winter.

#14 ·
I was showing my soon to be wife pictures of the meet and seeing if she can tell me if the cars a 300M or a Intrepid lol and she got them all right but she says Dans car looks like halloween lol

#25 · (Edited)
She's out of storage for the year. Got a fresh transmission waiting for it, and a 300M special exhaust going on in a couple weeks. Some bodywork is going to take place as well, we'll be redoing the flat black on the hood, and some stone chip repair...not sure if I am staying with the current design or not.

Also, I made sure to bleed the winter air out of the tires, and refill them with spring air. Rides much better.

#31 · (Edited)
Installation will begin next weekend.

I will be completing some MAJOR upgrades along with the tranny swap. The car will be down for about 6 weeks to complete it. Just ordered 90% of the "special" parts to complete it from one of our friends in Canadia, check back for progress and pics!!

#32 ·
I like how you took your time on the paint and got all the inside stuff too. I didn't and it's really been bugging me lately. Nice car