DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Tight overhead console

894 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  scarce911 
#1 ·
I have the overhead console(with display) in my '03. I removed the screw from the front but it is still tight and it pulls on the headliner in front of the moon roof. Is there another screw I am missing or do I just separate it carefully from around the headliner? I want to put new dome lights in the console.

#3 ·
^^^^ What he said.

If the headliner is actually sticking to the overhead console, then there's some excess adhesive at work. Carefully separate the headliner material from all the way around the console, then carefully, but firmly, pull down on the part closest to the sunroof. There are two metal clips at the front corners that mate with a plastic piece that's glued to metal above.

It'll give - perhaps with a noisy *pop*.

#4 ·
it may also be possible that the plastic part mounted to the metal roof has somehow become loose..not likely.. but easy way to check that is take off the 2 small visor clips next to the overhead console.. stick your fingers up in there and move the console around a bit to see if the part is loose..if it's intact you wont feel the piece moving

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.