DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Kyle G. Meyer Memorial Meet Sept 7-9, 2012

26K views 411 replies 34 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
The Kyle G. Meyer Memorial Meet will be held Sept. 7-9, 2012 in New Lisbon, WI. Plan accordingly. As usual, there is room to camp. Food will be served on saturday for lunch and dinner. Local accomodations are 5 minutes away and reasonably priced. If you are a new member and have any doubts about attending, check with other members and review the previous meets, this is worth attending. Put in for time off and head to the sticks!

1. Inthetundra (Art)

#158 ·
RJ won't be making it since he just started his new job and the kids starting school

#162 · (Edited)
So cool if you can swing this, Dan!! We aren't going to get to Art's until Friday night, but we could get you back to Madison on Sunday!! What about flying into Milwaukee? We're about 15 min. from MKE airport. It's probably more expensive than Chicago. You could also see if there's a shuttle between ohare and Milw. It's about a 2 hr bus trip.

#160 · (Edited)
If you were planning on flying in I'm sure we could find you a ride. I can be there in an hour once I get on the interstate in Mauston, from the house the airport is 90 miles, LaCrosee is about 65 or so. Heading back on Sunday would be a breeze, most people attending will be driving through Madison on their way home.

#161 · (Edited)
Short notice...I will talk to the boss tomorrow and see about thursday-friday off....if I can secure that, its a go...but...

Would have to do this on a budget, so no rental car, so if someone could be gracious enough to pick me up/drop me off at the airport that would increase possibility....

Anyone coming thru Minneapolis, Milwaukee, or Chicago would be much better! Preferably Chicago! Let me know ASAP, I'll try to make it work!

#166 ·
Dan, get your days approved....I'm pretty sure there are enough people willing to help make this happen

#170 ·
Its in 2 weeks, not next week

#172 ·
Damn Dan - It'd work out great in the twin cities for me, I'll be in the area for a while, as well as Sean Harris is from there.

So - Looks like I'm traveling withOUT a guest right now - who needs a roomie??? I know Tom and I talked about it MONTHS ago, but I'm game to split a room with just about anyone...

Got the new exhaust on the car now - so the car is ready for the road!

#178 ·
^^^^^^^^^^
:banana2:

#193 · (Edited)
12 days to go!

1. Inthetundra (Art)
2. Shadowvox6 (Tom)
3. cdmccul (Cean) and 1 guest most likely. May be a fellow LH owner by then too!
4. Torontofirecaptain (Ross)
5.Jeannie (Kyle's mom)
6. Troy
7. R1Ryda14 (Sean) Absofuckinlutely
8.iggy (and possibly Frank)
9. Tony (TonySXT)
10. Arte
11. Dennis (Headhunter300M)
12. Darren (Statussymbol) Can't really say I can't make it since I live 5 miles away.
13. Duds and Marzi (confirmed)
14. etfuller (eric) tenative for now. may be working on the road
15. Louie (Luckkky13)
16. Spook R/T ( Kevin)
17. CountryGIrl (Heather)

#194 ·
1. Inthetundra (Art)
2. Shadowvox6 (Tom)
3. cdmccul (Cean)
4. Torontofirecaptain (Ross)
5.Jeannie (Kyle's mom)
6. Troy
7. R1Ryda14 (Sean) Absofuckinlutely
8.iggy (and possibly Frank)
9. Tony (TonySXT)
10. Arte
11. Dennis (Headhunter300M)
12. Darren (Statussymbol) Can't really say I can't make it since I live 5 miles away.
13. Duds and Marzi (confirmed)
14. etfuller (eric) tenative for now. may be working on the road
15. Louie (Luckkky13)
16. Spook R/T ( Kevin)
17. CountryGIrl (Heather)

No guest coming with me, but she is a fellow Intrepid owner at least. GF can't get the time of work to come out...

Gonna be busy in getting ready for the trip, but can't wait to do it!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#195 ·
Add her name to the list!

#197 ·
newbie here...well, not really....i've had an account for years but couldn't sign in so i made a new one...I only saw one hotel/motel talked about....is there another close I could check out? I have never made it to a meet in the past due to working 80 hours a week but this time around I just might be able to come...I live in northwest Indiana and its not too far away to drive....might bring one of my boyz with me...so any info on lodging would be nice and whats the plan for the weekend?

#200 ·
Dang, that's a good idea... I forgot all about updating the TomTom, and making sure I've got tunes loaded on it.

RATS.

Time off at work confirmed this morning... still can go south on me, but things are moving along great so far.

Also took the car with new exhaust on a little break-in trip, seems well road worthy (not that I was that concerned!). The only thing I got to watch for is over heats... I've found that I'm begining to ingest air into the coolant - ever so slowly, but still happening none-the-less.

#201 ·
Hotel Room-Share Notice:

I'm as of now splitting a room with Tom (and, um, I don't remember who else!) but if anyone else needs to split a room, post up here!

(Tom, got your PM, will room with you guys if no one else needs to split)

#202 · (Edited)
The activities aren't that bad :talk01: , mostly bs and language....no little kids though. say under 15 or so
The hotel listed is the most conveinent, 5 minutes from the house, and the most reasonable. Others can tell you its clean and a good deal. What we do....hmmmmm, usually friday night some of the guys are here so we hit the China Buffet and the auto parts stores, Walmart, etc. Thats all 25 miles from here so we kind of cover it all at once. There are other parts stores closer if needed on sat morning. Sometimes we hit the local yard on saturday morning as well. I will be calling the owner to see if its worth going. I do the cooking for sat lunch and dinner, $10 a person covers that, nobody seems to go away hungry...of course there is roasted corn. Bring whatever you want to drink. Sat/Sun breakfast is up to you, local resturaunts or KwikTrip...coffee for sure fron KwikTrip
This year there is also a Participants Choice, vote for a car other than your own, 1st,2nd and 3rd place trophies awarded. Probably a couple door prizes as well.
Working on and cleaning cars is the normal stuff that happens. Friday and saturday night is the big bs sessions....drinking, relaxing in the hot tub. if its hot jump in the pond and cool off. Water is getting low due to the drought, but its still wet!
New Lisbon, WI 53950 is the location...if you are coming PM for the address

#203 ·
Tom, dl the garmen update on your PC and bring it along!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.