DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Factory Amp is Dying

3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  fromans4 
#1 ·
Hello all,

The radio on my 2004 Intrepid SXT recently started making squealing noises and according to a Circuit City tech the problem is the amp. I found an amp on eBay for a 2004 Chrysler Sebring convertible and bought it on an impulse. Shortly after hitting the "Buy" button it occurred to me that perhaps that was a stupid idea. It "looks" like the same amp but is it really? Will it work on my Intrepid?

Thanks,
Chris

#2 ·
Do you have speakers on the front doors up by the rear view mirrors? What are they labeled? Premium Sound or just plastic housings?

#3 ·
Was there a Chrysler part number listed with that auction? If so what was it?

#6 ·
I don't think you bought the correct amp.

The Premium Sound on your Sail speakers indicates an Infinity I system with a 240 watt amplifier(RDH). The correct part number should be: 04760293AF

#8 ·
The part number I listed is used in the Chrysler 300m, Chrysler Concorde, Chrysler LHS and Dodge Intrepid with the Infinity I 240 watt system. Those would be cars from 1998-2004 depending on the model.

Without seeing a picture of the amplifier you purchased, I can't say if it's even close.

#9 ·
I see....looks like the same infinity system with perhaps a different wiring harness?

If it helps any here's a link to what I bought:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290664437262?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649"]http://www.ebay.com/itm/290664437262?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

#10 ·
#13 · (Edited)
The correct amp will look just like this:

These amps are a dime a dozen especially here on the board. Practically can't give them away! Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Maybe you can stop shipment if it hasn't already gone out yet? What about a return policy?

No worries Rondo. Well if anyone out there wants to unload their amp at a bargain basement price please send me a note!

#12 · (Edited)
Open up one of the sail housings and check the markings on the back of the speaker magnet. If it's Infinity...it'll say Infinity with the Infinity "horizontal figure 8" logo.

Or remove the two screws holding the passenger side kick panel trim on and look at the amplifier itself.

#14 ·
Post a thread in the For Sale section. I'm sure someone will have one cheap. If they're charging more than $25...they're ripping you off! LOL!

#16 ·
Did you ever get the amp you needed? I only ask because my 2001 Concorde has the same amp and it is comming out this weekend as part of a audio system overhaul. It is working just fine and I would be willing to let you have it for $10 + shipping.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.