DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2001 Chrysler T&C Radio/ATC/Heat Set display issue

5K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  John Flanagan 
#1 ·
So I am fixing up some of the little issues that my wife's town and county has.

One of the issues that it has is the ATC/Heated Seat Display does not light up all parts of the display at night.

Here are a couple pictures to make sense of the situation.

Here is the day picture:

Here is the night shot with the backlights and you will notice where some parts are not lit.

So what the heck could be causing this? It's weird that both the heated seats control panel and atc display have the same issue. I have looked to see if they have the little bulbs that our LHs have on the back of the panel and it does not have the bulbs. Could it be a ground issue? Short in the wire?

Any thoughts/ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

See less See more
#9 ·
to have it all out at the same time,, makes me think its something else,, I myself would take a good long look at some fuses,, radio continus power,, I think its a 20 amp, in the underhood box,

#12 ·
In the day they are not on. There is an activator LED that is not the same as the backlight lights. The backlights are out.

I guess if no fuses are out when I got check. The new unit that I am getting in will be the one that confirms if the unit is faulty or there is a short or ground issue.

Could the BCM cause this kind of issue? Cause the BCM has been tested by my Dad and it very seldom does take a dump and does not remember the electronic sliding doors and loses memory seat settings etc.

#18 ·
So I got the tester Wiper/Heated Seat panel ( $5) I ordered from Eghey and sure enough some of the bulbs on it were out. Upon some more extensive research it seems that this is a very common issue and the repair is either replace the entire unit or just replace the bulbs. I have paged Dan-CaptainMorgan and we are gonna tackle this next week. He's also gonna help me install the Infnity Basslink in my Intrepid as well.

I'll keep you guys informed.

#19 ·
Had the same issue on my used 02 T&C Limited. I'm not afraid to tackle a stinking burnt out light bulb! I've done plenty of soldering in the past so my first stop was at radio shaft and they had the right bulb, bought about 6 (a few for spares) and installed them. The ATC and the rear wiper/flasher/seats module needed them. wasn't bad at all, that was in early 2010. Here it is April 2013 and I need to replace just one in the ATC unit. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.