DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

code p0700

9K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  DrDodge 
#1 · (Edited)
I just brought a 1998 dodge intrepid after my 2003 dodge intrepid was totaled while I was driving over the mtn where I live the trans slipped in 4th gear and it would rev when i hit the gas but it would not let me shift into any other gear and then when I was coasting downthe hill it slammed into second and went into limp mode anyideas whatthis could be from?

#4 ·
You did the keydance and got P0700? If so, then you would need to get the underlying codes read. Any code reader should get you the codes, and most parts places does it for free.

Question is does your speedometer work, if not then I would suspect input / output sensors

#7 ·
You experienced "Limp" mode. The TCM (Transmission Control Module) has detected a problem with the transmission itself and put it into Limp mode to prevent further damage. The P0700 code is telling you there are other underlying codes that need to be read and investigate. Any trans repair shop can read those codes or even Auto parts Stores and other Repair Chain stores.

Could be as simple as an Input/Output Speed Sensor or more dire such as a Solenoid pack or Valve Body. You need to get those underlying codes read before anyone can reliably tell you what's actually going on.

#9 ·
Most likely a waste of money on expensive ATF+4 fluid. Get the code(s) read. Should be able to get it done free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.