DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Jr's Trep Sig Page and little Whore thread.

42K views 293 replies 12 participants last post by  jradams350 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I think it is about time to start one for my dear sweet trep..

As most of you know it had a really hard life when I got it and it was worse for the wear. It could of been taken to the scrap yard, but I saw potential in it and it does not look like it is the same car from when I got it.

I acquired the car back in October 2007 for free (only had to buy the fuel to get there to it and back), and there is a very long history behind this car and why it came into my possession.

Mods (if you consider them as mods):
Took a 2000 RAS radio's tape deck (Radio itself was dead) and installed it into my 1997 RAS Radio. (Keeping as backup)
Bought an 1st gen AM / FM / Cassette / CD Player and installed it.

Specs of the car:
1997 Base model
3.5L engine
Column Shift
AM / FM / Cassette Radio (Radio connectors was missing)
Candy Apple Red Metallic Paint (PHC)
Cloth interior
Manual Front Bench Seats

Parts Bought to Fix it Up:
Headlights, brackets, and Front Turns
Right Front Fender
Complete Inner-Structure
Hood
Front Bumper Cover
Fuel Tank with working Pump

There are still a few things I need to buy and have on order for the car, but that is still going one step at a time.

Parts Still Needed or on order:
New Radiator (The mounting pieces on mine is broke, but Radiator is not leaking)
2 Bolts to hold the front bumper cover on (Can buy those at my local hardware store)
Replace the Passenger side Door
Subframe bushings (On Order)

Well Enough with all the mindless chit chatter, and on with the pics :D

BEFORE I GOT IT:

AS IT IS TODAY:

There will be more to come in this thread, and there are a few mods that I am wanting to get done to it.

See less See more
#92 ·
Ah yes more work to do to the car...

I went outside earlier to start the S-10 to let it warm up, and I noticed something flashing, and at first I thought the house was on fire. I looked at the house and it was fine, but noticed the hazards on the trep was on.

I immediately went over and turned them off, but now the battery is drained to the point where there is not enough to crank the car. I got to get the charger out after it in the morning and recharge the battery.

I have noticed that here recently that I have to fiddle with the hazards button to make them go off when it decides to pop up by itself. I am going to have to look into the switch and see what might be causing the issue..

#95 ·
When I finally got up after the last phone call, I went and checked the mail, and then went to work on the car. I did not get much done to it since I could not locate one of my torx bits, but I did get manage to fix the hazard switch for now.

#97 ·
The weather here in Mississippi has not been kind to the paint on my car. This is what I see on the rear of the car..

I have my work cut out for me when I get around to repainting the car..

This is a better view of the damage I caused to the rear bumper when I mistakenly went to far in reverse and smacked into the grader blade..

Right now all I can do is dream. Dream that this car is 100% complete and looking excellent, but for now, I got to give it a bath to clean it up a little.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Air restrictor that I have heard on here to remove, is it that black plastic thing that is inside the flexible hose that runs to the throttle bodies that are on the car?

**EDIT**

I just can't help but notice the white rectangle deal on the tire that you see pictured. I have no idea what it is and it will not come off..

#101 · (Edited)
I just went and got a good look at the tires more carefully. Of course it is a light mist going on outside right now, but the tires that are currently on it is: Michelin SYMMETRY, and the white rectangles on the tires are nothing but stickers. One tire had one worn half way off, and I was able to peel bits and parts of the white rectangles off the wheels..

I think when the previous owner of the car got the tires installed (BRAND NEW), they may of labeled them and just never removed them. The car came stock with those wheels (Steelies)

#104 ·
I do have the build Sheet for the car, and here is the build sheet:

*RF Cloth/Vinyl 50/50 Split Bench Seat -SD
APAS Monotone Paint
BARS 90 Amp Alternator
BCES 600 Amp Maintenance Free Battery
BRT Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
CBDP Active Head Restraints
CGDS Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts
CGWS Next Generation Front Air Bags**
CKBS Floor Carpet CKMS Cargo Compartment Dress-Up
CLES Front & Rear Floor Mats
DGB All 4-Speed Automatic Transmissions
DGXS 4-Speed Automatic Transmission
DLBS 2.5 Overall Top Gear Ratio
EAAC All Engines EGE 3.5L V6 SOHC 24V MPI Engine
GAMS Solar Control Glass
GBCS Front & Rear Solar Control Glass
GFAS Rear Window Defroster
GNAS Rear View Day/Night Mirror
GNES Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
GNFS Driver Side Sun Visor w/Mirror
GTKS Power Mirrors
GVBC All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors
GXTS Rear Door Child Protection Locks
HAAS Air Conditioning
HGAS Hood Insulation
JAAS Instrument Panel
JCBS 120 MPH Primary Speedometer
JHAS Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers
JJAS Cigar Lighter
JJBS Dual Note Electric Horns
JKFS Cowl Mounted Hood Release
JLJS Body Controller
JPBS Power Locks
JPCS Power Trunklid Release
JPDS Power Windows, Driver One-Touch
KRBS
K1RS
K6RS
LARP Message Center
LBCS Glove Box Lamp
LMBS Halogen Headlamps
LNJS Fog Lamps
MDA Front License Plate Bracket
MMFS Day Light Opening Moldings
MPLS Black-Out Tape
MUDS Dodge I.D. Badge
NAA Federal Emissions
NF2S 18.5 Gallon Fuel Tank
NHMS Speed Control
PHC Candy Apple Red Metallic Clear Coat
QHCS Candy Apple Red Metallic Clear Coat
RAAC All Radio Equipped Vehicles
RASS AM/FM Cassette Radio
RCGP 6 Speakers
RDDS Fixed Long Mast Antenna
SBAS Power Rack and Pinion Steering
SCAS Steering Wheel
SDCS Touring Suspension
SUAS Tilt Steering Column
TAAC All Tires
TBCS Compact Spare Tire
TRUS P225/60R16 BSW AS Touring Tires
WDHP 16X7.0 Steel Wheels
W6DS 16" Wheel Covers
YAAS Build To U.S. Mkt. Specifications
YGCA 7 Additional Gallons of Gas
ZAEP Spring - Left Front
ZASP Spring - Left Rear
ZNCP Spring - Right Front
ZNSP Spring - Right Rear
1APS U.S. Fleet Purchase
153S Zone 53-Minneapolis
2DCA Customer Preferred Package 2DC
26C Customer Preferred Package 26C
3AM Price Protection - Code M
3GD Delete Group Funds-Fleet
3NH Latter Day Saints Church
3VNA Customer Preferred Discount
4EAA Sold Vehicle
4FMA Fleet Option Editor
4FT Fleet Sales Order
4KYA Dealer Fleet
4WN Church Of Jesus Christ Lds
5ILS D1-Vehicle Family
5IXS Gf-Vehicle Family
5XPA Volume Incentive Program Tracking
619S Louisiana State Code
950S Wisconsin State Code

#106 · (Edited)
LOL, I noticed that to when I got the build sheet for the car a while back.

I am no where near any relations to the LDS people, and FTR I don't own any black slacks, white button down shirt, a comb, nor any ties. :hit1::sneaky2:

I guess I am the 3rd owner of this car...

Of course when I got the car, and I was going through it cleaning it out, I found all sorts of stuff in it, including change (Dimes). Still have to get the drivers seat and front passenger seat out, and clean the crap out of the carpet...

#113 · (Edited)
LOL. Now it makes sense.

I was just pointing out that I may just get Firestone tires when I get around to getting new ones for the car. I may look into other tires, but for now it looks like Firestone is the way to go.

**EDIT**

I just installed another hubcap on the rear of the car.

#114 ·
I guess tomorrow back to the fun house of dismantling the interior of the trep to get the carpet out.

The only thing I have noticed on my car is when I pull the hood release, the lever I have to push it back down like there is no return spring. Does not bother me at all though because the hood now closes completely and opens easily when I pull he lever. The way I fixed the hood shutting problem was gently lift on the hood catch / lock piece on the radiator cross member..

#241 · (Edited)
One of my famous "Quotezillas"

On my '95 when you pull the hood release, it stays up, but goes back down when the hood is opened.
I am still undecided on what to do with the battery terminals right now. I converted it over to side post due to the terminals that I was buying was junk. I have found what looks like some better top post terminals, but I am hesitant to think about converting it back to it's original way..

The car is running great as it sits, but I am just not certain on which way I should go with it now..
A wise man once said "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
Here is a mod that I have thought of :D

Once I get my ARRL License (got to get the books as well :D) I may turn around and get an Mag-mount antenna and shove it onto the car's trunk lid. I have my dad's old ICOM running around somewhere in a big pile of boxes (It is labeled of course) from when I moved from Texas back in 2006, just got to locate it, and it may get installed into the car.
Here is a mod that I have thought of :D

Once I get my ARRL License (Ham Radio - got to get the books as well :D) I may turn around and get an Mag-mount antenna and shove it onto the car's trunk lid. I have my dad's old ICOM running around somewhere in a big pile of boxes (It is labeled of course) from when I moved from Texas back in 2006, just got to locate it, and it may get installed into the car.

Before my father passed away, he was an Ham Radio Operator.
:eek:mg: your kidding. KK4ELE is my call. I like the sound of that mod!!!
I keep getting Mod Idea's in my mind, but so far I have not found the time or resources to see if they would work.

Mods I would like to do to the car:
Yank out the 3.5 and install a 2.7L (I know, I know the engines have a bad rap)
Get some 300M seats and the BCM to make them work (Memory and heat :D)
Why in the world would you want to put a smaller engine in something?(especially a picky 2.7L)
Cross posting from the whore thread, but:

I am torn between different paint colors..

Battleship grey
Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl
Candy Apple Red Metallic (OEM Paint color that is what it was)
Champagne Brown Pearl
Gun Metal Grey (with metallic flakes)

Or I can do a combo color of Deep Sapphire Blue Pearl and Candy Apple Red Metallic..
Spruce Green!!!!! < Joking (unless we can choose a color out of the list :biggrin: ) otherwise I'd go with Battleship Grey.
Welp after running into a big issue with the S-10 truck, I have switched over to the car as the Daily Driver and have put some miles on it.

I have not had a clue on how it was going to do on the trip to Tupelo, MS and back at all until Saturday Night. Other than the CODE 21 (Oxygen Sensor) the car is running like a champ. Here is a pic of the current mileage that is on the car..

Considering I have had the car since 2007, this is the first time it has gone as far as it has and still is running like it should...
:woot: Congratulations!!! :woot:

Nice so far -- needs AutoStick and ATC and you'll be set.

#121 ·
I am just surprised that my original lug nuts actually fit with those hubcaps.

Hopefully tomorrow be miracle that I find my camcorder again (It is old but still works) and get the battery recharged on it, that I can get some videos with sound of this car..

#122 ·
Even though I posted this over in the whore thread, here it is again.

That plate is for the trep and did not come off my S-10 or my C-3500. I could not even use the C-3500 plate because it is an F-10 Plate and the cops would definately pull me over and give me a ticket.

I do have the original uncut picture showing the full plate with the letters and numbers..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.