DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

DjGreggieP's 3.5 swap / Siggy Thread

49K views 312 replies 28 participants last post by  Intrepid_runner 
#1 ·
Wassup Guys, Its GreggieP from Dodgeintrepid.net and today I bring you Some updated pictures and info of my current project.

As you all know my 2.7l and I had a falling out and some piece of my rotating assembly decided that it no longer wanted to be apart of the engine so it said 'That's it I am OUTTA HERE' meanwhile the rest of the engine said 'meh' and kept on working, but unfortunately it consumes more oil than Mcdonalds Deep Fryer now so it had to be parked.

Anyways, I purchased a 2000 Chrysler 300M from SGI Auction for $458 and I have NOW finally started to strip it down for various parts including the mecca 3.5l High Output engine.

Now along the way I had debated about fixing the 300M and as of late I was glad I chose not too.

Anyways, on to some pictures!!

I have 300M Gauges installed now

And I had a Leather Auto Stick bezel for Install

As well as OTIS (Someone let me know if I am wrong with this), complete with HomeLink and Auto-Dimming Mirror and Lit Vanity Mirrors

And Chrome Switches!!

Now the 300M had put up a decent fight for sure, But in the end I have had my way and gotten quite a bit disassembled from it

Roughly where it began

Come on...

Little more...

Haha!! I am winning!!!

This is where I am at from working on it on my days off and when the weather cooperates.

And this is what the lower rad support looks like by the way...

I would say it is a little bit out.

Anyway, that where I am at folks, give me your feedback and let me know what you think!! :D

See less See more
#6 ·
The shape of the front of the 300M was more of a pain to work with lol. And this way I can pull the crank pulley off and do the timing belt and water pump a lot easier now, being able to look straight at everything vs. trying to look at everything from an angle lol

Looking good! If it wasn't Spring time, and if I had my passport, and if I had some money, I'd come up and help!
Thanks Cean!! The only reason its taking me as long as it is is mostly due to weather, both cars are sitting outside and with all the rain we have been having lately makes it hard to want to work on anything!! The other 20% of my procrastination has been work getting in the way lol

About the only big thing I need help with is the Auto Stick wiring. I know the black wire is a ground, easy enough, but I have no idea were the other wires are going!! If anyone could direct me to a pictures area that shows what wire goes where, I am certain I can get it figured out in no time!!

I have mods planned for the 3.5 but I want to make sure I get it running 100% first, then comes the fun time!!

#7 ·
So a quick update, I have been pricing out a few other needed maintenance / mods. Slowly getting prepared for the road trip this fall.

Still need to pick up new radiator hoses and a thermostat next week so that hopefully next weekend I will have many more new pictures for everyone, and next month I should be picking up parts car number 3!!

#8 ·
Update / Bump / Site works for me again!! (from work anyways)

*finally* got the old 2.7 out, and now slowly moving ahead to get the engine bay cleaned up and take care of a few minor welding details.

Pics later if I can access from Home!!!

#10 ·
Thank you!! I am hoping that I have her running by month end, but I am also in the process of moving from an apartment back out to the farm (long story) so I may be held up a little. I do have more pics to come, just have to clean up my photobucket account first so I am more organized.

#18 ·
Well, got the power steering line tightened up. Did notice that my 300M cluster produces the 'Brake' light and 'Airbag' so I have snagged the cluster from parts car number 3 (also auto stick) to swap gauge faces onto later.

Was unable to get bolted to the Torque converter, due to lack of lighting and having to rip apart my front end to access the power steering line. Going out tonight to tackle the torque converter and compile a list of 'need to grab' for the car yet.

#30 ·
with the cats I do a rather unsafe 'trick' into fooling the car (young and stupid on my part, didn't think through the course of my actions) into not being in gear so I can rev it up to about 6500rpm while not moving.

With not having many miles on the 3.5 yet I chose not to do the same trick.

#29 ·
So I have 1000kms on the engine since the swap, and I am having an oil leak issue. Have it narrowed down to the dipstick tube o ring. Anyone have a guess what size it is??

Also, is it a complete wiring harness swap over to get the 300M's climate control? or is it just a section that is plug and play??

Still have to swap in my HID's, chrome handles, do the fix for P0551 and I shouldn't be throwing any codes either. Have to swap a couple pieces of glass as well and maybe pick up some paint for a small idea I have..

Pictures coming soon!!

#32 ·
With your foot *FIRMLY* on the brake pedal slowly shift from park to reverse

There should be a 'dead-spot' where you are not in park and not in reverse, won't light up on the dash to say where your at.

Welcome to red-line revving ability.

Its not safe because it could shift into park, which may cause some issues(never had it happen) or shift into reverse at upwards of 6500rpm which I can just assume your transmission may not enjoy that, or whatever is behind you may cause substantial damages to your car

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.