DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Code 0432

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  sc.intrepid 
#1 ·
Catalytic converter not effecient. Anyone had this? How long can I go before fixing? Are they welded in there or can I do this myself? Any help would be appreciated.

#2 ·
tcndeb said:
Catalytic converter not effecient. Anyone had this? How long can I go before fixing? Are they welded in there or can I do this myself? Any help would be appreciated.
One of your two catalytic converters are dead. Question is which one? No welding... just clamps. BUT... again it's a different removel process for each cat. Figure out which cat is dead and i can guide you through the removal process. :wink:

#4 ·
tcndeb said:
OK. Any ideas on how to figure out which one? Or should I just assume the other will go shortly and change both of them?
Hmmmmmmmm....... well since cat converters rarely break. It could very well be plugged, and that could be causing your code to come up. The only way to check it to REALLY see if one of them is malfuntioning is to take it to a dealer or emissions inspection facility, only because the testing equipment costs a lot of money. :( Nonetheless I'd check these first: check for leaks, dents, corrosion, or any other damage. Be sure to check the clamps and supporting brackets.

#6 ·
crombie said:
One of your two catalytic converters are dead. Question is which one? No welding... just clamps. BUT... again it's a different removel process for each cat. Figure out which cat is dead and i can guide you through the removal process. :wink:

I'm gonna replace both of them crombie. care to give me a how to on each?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.