DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

P0300 code

10K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  '98-ESer 
#1 · (Edited)
meaning a random or unspecificed misfire with no cyl in particular ID'd.

Got that one this evening after a rough start (weathers been weird the past week or so). Engine eventually smoothed out then the CEL came on.

Everything runs fine, accelleration and 'smoothness' is as usual.

Since I don't have any other codes, and in particular no cyl-specific codes, can I write this one off to bad karma and just clear the codes out next chance I get?

#4 ·
Multiple misfires, not indicating any specific cylinders and I'm thinking something central, that would affect all cylinders, like a fuel system problem.

Dr. Dodge is right I think. Clear the codes and see if it happens again. maybe it was a fluke thing, something wet under the hood perhaps.

#5 ·
When you try to clear the codes I think you may want to pull the computer fuse from the main fuse box under the hood instead of disconnecting the neg battery cable. I think I read that here recently that it is not preferred to pull the cable to reset the codes but do the comp fuse for same effect

#7 ·
On a 98, which of the underhood fuses is for the PCM? There is a 40 amp fuse labelled IGN RUN, another 40 for IGN/RUN, and a 20 for INJ/COIL.

#8 ·
For the fused B+ to the PCM it's Fuse "N"(30a) in the PDC.
For the fused B+ to the TCM it's Fuse "Q"(20a) in the PDC

#9 ·
Yah, I saw your earlier posts on the letters Ronbo.

How do I tell which fuse is Q, N, or even W??

#10 ·
Isn't there a diagram on the inside of the PDC cover? I beleive they're all labeled under there. I'll go look at my 2000 R/T one

#11 ·
Just looked...the fuses aren't labeled by letter under the PDC cover. The TCM fuse is labeled and I believe the PCM one might be labeled ASR as it feeds that relay also. The ASR fuse N will be one of the square ones and the TCM is one of the rectangular ones closest to the passengers fender.

#12 ·
Yup, that was the one. Many thanks!

And just to collect all the key words into one post....

BCM codes clear pull fuse ASR ASD relay PDC

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.