DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Poly Engine Cradle Bushings, who would Purchase?

7K views 49 replies 20 participants last post by  EagleESI 
#1 ·
I received a email about Engine Cradle Bushings from a person at polybushings, he said he has thought about making these. I think he would make these if there was a demand for them.

#35 ·
Wow johnny, those look sweet! Deff next on my list! You may want to move those under the LH body stuff on your home page, they are kind of buried in the suspension section. If I didn't ask or vaguely remember some thread somewhere then I could have just moved on and got some somewhere else. I bet you lose some sales because of that.

#38 ·
Update on theses poly cradle bushings, I have installed these on my 02 Concorde it has been a week now and let me say they are everything I expected. I will be installing these on my 2 intrepids as well.
So here is the break down.
1st I will say my original cradle bushings were not in the best of shape, after installing these so far I have noticed the car feels much more solid ( it use to feel very loose) I have noticed because of this it seems to have that new car drive and handling again. Okay let me put this to rest I was told on here that there would be lots of vibrations etc. Well after one week I can honestly say there are no worse vibrations and if anything the road to car bumps etc actually feel more tamed down. Now this has been just my experience and it has only been one week. but at this point this was a great investment for me.
Thank you John for making these from 100% satisfied customer

#42 ·
I realize that it may vary greatly for each individual car (road salt, etc.), but what are the chances the factory original bolts will be in good enough shape that I'll feel good about re-using them (vs. getting new bolts)?

#45 ·
chances are pretty good in most cases. of course, like you say, it is a case by case basis.
but even up here in a snow/salt belt, there are few bolts i've ever replaced over the years.
most are a pretty hardened alloy that get surface rust, but rarely anything much worse.

haven't seen many subframe bolts that look like old exhaust studs or rear axle u-bolts that have sat in a trough of mud. i'm amazed when doing rear leaf spring work that the axle is still attached once you dig through the mud on some spring plates. what was a cigar is now skinnier than a pencil(or pencil lead sometimes)

#46 ·
Thanks, Harvey. It will probably be OK on this car - it's generally free of corrosion - with the one exception that a couple of years ago, I had to remove the passenger side half shaft and hub/bearing as a unit because the stub end was corrosion welded to the bearing ID. Weird that most areas are in good shape and then one place like that can be so different.

Re-using the cradle bolts will save me about $55.

Price on the bushings is now $150. I could have sworn that a week ago, they were something like $125. Oh well.

#49 ·
I replaced my sway bar bushings with the black polyurethane and am interested to see if they hold up as well in this application. The rubber aftermarket ones only lasted a couple years or so.

Would be cool to see some poly inner tie rod bushings or maybe some steering rack bushings. Both of those seem to be prone to failure.

#50 ·
The Moog ones are actually Poly, but due to the split design will still wear out.

I had the first set of Poly sway bar bushings made for my car from Johnny and they have held up well over the years and I don't mean daily driving but many spirited mountain runs. Johnny was nice to make a special set for the rear 1 inch sway bar I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.