DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

The gods must be crazy.....

10K views 44 replies 18 participants last post by  95intrepid99kid 
#1 · (Edited)
THIS fine piece of Fomoco equipment was given to me today. It runs and drives quite nicely actually. It was driven here. Sounds good. A/C works. All I could find so far that it needs other than an extreme day with the powerwasher (been sitting in mud during heavy rain)...is rear brakes.

It has nice tires. Brand new fuel pump. New timing belt. Reciepts in glove box. Either this is a curse, a donation to the HP fund, or a dirty trick. :baseballbat:

See less See more
#7 ·
ya know,, my step son has one ,, after $$$ of work,, its really not a bad car, heck Dan, use it as a DD till your dream truck comes along, the common crap has been fixed,

#9 ·
use it as a DD till your dream truck comes along
:lmao:

I would be killed and eaten on the spot if I showed up to work in this thing.

I forgot to mention, it is purple.

Blue book value, $937. Quick flip. LOL.

#16 ·
If I started driving this daily, either my Trep would blow the engine, or it would put a curse on the Contour causing it to spontaneously combust.

#11 · (Edited)
Couldnt say no...., even if it is a Contour...for free...hell...

I can punch it if I get mad too. Cant make any dents though. LOL.

I think it will clean up pretty good and make a good DD for someone.

#14 ·
I have an old Mercury Mystique sitting beside my house that looks just like that. I was going to junk it but I couldn't find my title and haven't gotten around to getting a replacement.

I liked mine when it was running but a few years back it started having problems and the repair costs were estimated at more then the value of the car so I never got it fixed.

If I wasn't all the way on the other side of the country I would offer you parts.

Brent -

#15 · (Edited)
I appreciate the offer. The way it looks, I wont need too many parts...thankfully. LOL...other than being covered in mud, and the rear brakes grinding louder than a jetplane.....this ****ing Contour seems to be pretty straight. Drove it around the neighborhood, it runs fine, a/c is cold, clutch feels good, radio works....LOL

A buddy basically said, either you take it, or it goes to the junkyard. He sold his house, moving to Wilmington, extra car, needs it gone, doesnt want to fix the brakes. He had contacted me about it several months ago, when the fuel pump went out, I refused to take it. He since replaced the fuel pump. Now, for some unknown reason, I didnt have the heart to let it come to such a pass. Just cant let a car that still runs and drives go to the boneyard. LOL.

#25 ·
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH........................................................ MMMMYYYYYYYY....................................... GGGGGOOOOSSSSSHHHHH.

If it werent for the pic I would not have believed it. Dan Cottier OWNS a ford contour..........

#27 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.