DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

300c

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MasterTech 
#1 ·
A few years ago I started putting a few two many miles on my 97 intrepid, not wanting to ever part with her I decided to get a new 300 to take some of the burden off old reliables shoulders. I settled for a low miles used first gen 300c with the 5.7 hemi, green :D. I know times are tough right. Well while I was sleeping the old girl must have gotten a little upset and went over and slapped the seat right out of my new girl. So last week I pulled the engine out and sent the block down to have it bored out. Going to go with forged internals and thought some of you might be intrested in the pictures as I go? The plan is .020" oversized forged pistons and H rods with a 6.1 steel crank and a little 'cleaning up' of the ports on the heads, if the one that dropped the seat is repairable. If not I'll reuse the cast crank and get some ported heads. Any suggestions on the rebuild or the parts would be most welcome.

#5 ·
Got this project completed and put 500 miles on her last week. She has clevite H series main and rod bearings with ARP main studs, Manley Forged H rods with ARP bolts, Manley Forged .020 oversized pistons with floating pin, total seal rings, and ARP head studs. I plan on installing a supercharger after I know she spins a few thousand miles without issue and I switch over to synthetic oil.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.