DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Picture of my 97 RT finally up!

4K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  p3 
#1 ·
#3 ·
#5 ·
289 Horsepower? let's say 214 horsepower stock. Champion golds, slightly better than stock. Maybe add 2-5 hp max I'd assume, at the crank. Full exhaust, UP to 20hp. Depending on design. Non restrictive intake that pulls in cold air? UP to 10-20 hp freed up, at most, laboratory conditions...usually about 5hp.

Max, I see.. 214=40?= 254 imaginary hp. Plus maybe 20 magical horsepower from the chip, 274? at the crank? But I don't see any numbers like that coming off the dyno at the wheels with our trannie. THat, and let's hope you use the right oil etc.

You've got my respect for keeping your car in relatively good looking shape, and being enthusiastic about your car, but us frequent posters are the ones who are most farmilliar with our cars, doing mods, having friends in the car world etc. That's pretty hard to justify with a dyno sheet and or time slips at a 1/4 mile track.

Also, what's up with the hood pins? Those are usually used for a fiberglass/carbon fibre hood, since some people decide to ditch the original under hood framework because it greatly reduces weight, thus creating a need to hold down the hoods with hood pins, that are attached to the frame, slip through the hood, and use a cup like base to hold it pinned down. Just not fond of that myself. ;/

#9 ·
Wow, I have never bad mouthed anybodys car on here before, but damn...you've got to be kidding me. What I see is a stock 1st Gen ES with AutoZone do-it-yourself, very poorly I might add, pinstriping shaped to form what are supposed to be flames, same pinstriping to form the word DODGE, very poorly I might add once again, on the rear quarter panels, block letters intended for mailboxes or address signs across your windshield, numerous stickers here and there, cuz, you know, they make you go faster....hood pins? Wow, I at first glance I thought you were driving a Winston Cup stock car, holy ****! It's a "Limited Edition" all right...#1 of 1, and for a damn good reason.

#10 ·
I agree with all of the above, but i noticed that if you look, he is standing in front of his roof, if you liio behind him, it almost looks caved a bit, like someone sat on it.... it may just be me, i donno....

#15 ·
Man, you people have some real issues.... I thought this site was for intrepid fans, not intrepid doggers... because none of the intrepids on this site are as original as mine, you think its cool just to talk it down?? Don't talk crap about my car, until you get to next it and race it!!!! I happen to have video taped proof beating a gt mustang, and many people who will back it up! I also happen to have the most respected car on west. tusc in canton, ohio which is the main street racing road... and coming in 2 weeks, is 75 shots of Nos..which will put my HP to 320+ ... then we will see who's talking.... when my car is as fast as it is, i have room to make it look like a ''winston cup car".....

#16 ·
Silver Flame 320 said:
Man, you people have some real issues.... I thought this site was for intrepid fans, not intrepid doggers... because none of the intrepids on this site are as original as mine, you think its cool just to talk it down?? Don't talk crap about my car, until you get to next it and race it!!!! I happen to have video taped proof beating a gt mustang, and many people who will back it up! I also happen to have the most respected car on west. tusc in canton, ohio which is the main street racing road... and coming in 2 weeks, is 75 shots of Nos..which will put my HP to 320+ ... then we will see who's talking.... when my car is as fast as it is, i have room to make it look like a ''winston cup car".....
i dont really know what to say after that statement.:crazy:

#17 ·
The car looks like ass - nuff said.

Silver Flame 320 - We're not trep-doggers - we have just seen many people come and go that think they're 'da bomb' who aren't.

So what's the horsepower rating on the pinstripe kit? Got a turbo decal? :D

#18 ·
Silver Flame 320 said:
So lets see this video. Put up or shut up.

#21 ·
Silver Flame 320 said:
Wow, I am impressed.....I'm sure it is the most respected car "in your hood", with all the Honda Civics I'm sure you "hang" with. Wer'e not intrepid doggers, we just know bullshit when we smell it. Like Funk Rider said, prove how badass your car really is.....time slips, dynos, hell, even some receipts for some of these "mods" you have. The more you post, the more you sound like an ass. Your last sentence proves my point...."when my car is as fast as it is, i have room to make it look like a "winston cup car"....that's right, its' what it looks like that makes it "fast". Oh yeah, welcome to the boards! :bigsmile:

#22 ·
Silver Flame 320 said:
because none of the intrepids on this site are as original as mine, you think its cool just to talk it down??
I usually never say anything about other people's car here at DI.net. But I take exception to your comments.

So I have to say, Your car is Butt Ugly.

I am sure it will be look even more original hanging off the back of a tow truck after you either blow it up or wrap it around a light pole because you are obviously a toy short of a Happy Meal.

So why don't you go to McDonalds and get you a another toy.

#23 ·
Well done, MathWiz!!! :D:D:D:D:D

#25 ·
This is a site for Intrepid fans, but as fans, we know when someone's blowing smoke up our ass. In the event you show us a dyno sheet with numbers or make an appearance at a meet, then we'll talk. For now, you'll have to live with the harassment. I personally have some issues calling your Dodge the most original on the site. Except for the chip, i have all the same mods you do. If you've seen my Intrepid, you'll see my mod list goes well beyond yours, as do many others on this site. Going to Autozone and buying them out of pinstriping and then sticking it all over your car in what you call "flames" does not make the car original. As an art student, i understand style all comes down to personal taste...some people don't like my hood, some do. I can live with that. What i can't live with is someone showing up on our site with unproven HP numbers and then crying and copping HUGE attitude when nobody believes them. I wouldn't hold your breath on IOM either...it's as much about your attitude as it is about your wheels. And i'll take this time to clarify his last post:
- the video was of him beating a Mustang...with a bat, or his shoe perhaps.
- West. Tusc in Canton is a Amish community...those horse and buggies never had a chance.
So, this is my way of welcoming you to the club......

#26 ·
I can't get enough of this kid: he needed to get another friend to stand next to him, i think he's hiding a HUGE dent on the roof. The extra HP comes from the shirt and the backwards hat in case y'all didn't know. And the least he could do is mount the fake hood pins where they might look functional. I like the Kid's Meal MathWiz...although i would return it if i got a model of Silver Flame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.