DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Kyle G. Meyer Memorial Meet Sept 7-9, 2012

26K views 411 replies 34 participants last post by  cdmccul 
#1 ·
The Kyle G. Meyer Memorial Meet will be held Sept. 7-9, 2012 in New Lisbon, WI. Plan accordingly. As usual, there is room to camp. Food will be served on saturday for lunch and dinner. Local accomodations are 5 minutes away and reasonably priced. If you are a new member and have any doubts about attending, check with other members and review the previous meets, this is worth attending. Put in for time off and head to the sticks!

1. Inthetundra (Art)

#352 ·
BTW, my thanks also to Ross for his work on my evaporator core replacement.
We had to dodge quite a few raindrops late Saturday afternoon, but we got it done.
Will post pics later...

#353 · (Edited)
oh my goodness - what a GREAT time! I had an absolute blast with my weekend, I only wish it could have been a longer - or that I could have been cloned.

I had a great time working hand in hand with Troy, Mike, and Darren on my car - and I only wish I could have worked more closely with every one else on the other projects going on.

A special thanks to Troy (with Mike's help!) on my interior - It looks AMAZING! First of all, it is CLEAN - but also the new color to the carpet (THANKS MIKE!) is great and really helps finish the look - gives me an incentive to continue with my other mods. Thanks to Jeanie for the clean floor mats - Hey you've got two kids - how do you keep them clean from here out?!?!?!?!? Thanks to Troy for the oil change!

Art - as before an amazing time, perfect location, great food, and the weather you got for us this time was fantastic - sure the rain storm came at an odd time, but gave me time to work on decals!

Heather - you've got to get pictures of your lights for me - I totally forgot to go out and look at the project, and I feel terrible about it.

Tom - I'll have to bring you some laptops to play with next time. That was great you were able to help out with your talents.

Doug - Thank you for the artwork and your permission to use it - that is a very special drawing.

Be sure to tell Paul that it was good having him in the group.

Who ever all got stickers - let me know if something goes wrong with them, or if you need replacements or help with an issue - I'll do what I can for you. Thanks to Darren for sourcing the MOPAR logo for us, that turned out really popular. Thank you Heather and Jeanie for doing a lot of weeding for us - we wouldn't have had nearly the stickers with out that.

Anywho who wants to score a high end Victorinox Swiss Army knife (Swisschamp XLT Ruby #53504), it is in the middle of the big salvage yard, in the platinum/gold 300M with a bent/half detached passenger seat that is missing the head liner - I'm sure I left it there. I'll pay return shipping plus finder's fee if someone gets it...

My GF was SO depressed she didn't make it, and has resolved that next year she will be there. If things work out, we'll bring both cars.

The Necedah hotel will get my business next year - the woman running the place woke up at 2AM and called us BACK when she couldn't answer the call the first time - and she woke up and came out in her jammies to get the room opened up for us. It was a fine place, nothing fancy, but the service from her deserves business next time.

SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR (God willing)!

#354 ·
After putting the car together, I had a bad shake - found what its was - the spark plug wire that I had to repair was repaired just fine... But my hurried attempt to make the car run ruined my work.

I didn't have the plug wire centered over the plug, and my wire was fouling out on the plug tube. Also, I broke what was left of the plug wire extension. So, I only made it to Tomah before having to pull of the road and break out the tool box.

Ended up taking three stops to get the car repaired... Amazing what is closed in rural Wisconsin on a Sunday night. Finally got it patched up and drove the rest of the way to the Twin Cities.

Just as I take my last turn to my brothers place, I pass a car stopped in the road, blinkers on. It is 2:30 a.m. I stop to see what it is, after all my whole drive was one big stop... Here some elderly woman had a blow out with her daughters car, and she was trying to change the tire. She spent an hour in the pitch black of night, and had just gotten the jack out and placed under the plastic bumper. Had her on the road in no time flat!

I ended up hitting the pillow about the same time Tom did.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using AutoGuide.Com Free App

#367 ·
BTW...I owe you a pack of butt-splice connectors Mike.....it was nice to have finally met you.
I didn't realize until today who you were (real name vs. screen name)

:smileyvault-newhere

#360 ·
Did anyone get a picture of luckkky13 and his car??? Does everyone know who one the participant awards??? That was a lot of fun and Dennis was beaming having won 1st place!! Louie's car placed 2nd and Ross's placed 3rd. Knowing all the hard work a energy everyone puts into their mods, keeping them running and keeping them looking as sharp as they do, you're all winners in my book!!!

#362 ·
I don't think anyone got a pic of louie and his car since he was working on it at the time. He'll have to have the wifey take a pic of him with his trophie at home so he can post it here for the record. I think he got done with his car then the Rain storm......(WHAT!!!!!!!) came. (WHAT!!!!!!!)........WHAT!!!!!!!!!......WHAT!!!!!!!!!.........Could not hear a damn thing anyone was saying with that metal roof. WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!

#364 ·
We also had door prizes, winners were Heather, Ross, Dennis, Darren and Tony

#366 ·
Great meet! Thank you to everyone for participating. Winning 1st Place is very special to me, it means a lot to get that type of support from the community. Thanks to everyone as well for being so hospitable to my friend Paul, he's a bit of an oddball but means well. Most of all, thank you Art for your hospitality, the food was great and I really enjoyed the campfires.
Looking forward to next year!

#378 ·
Thank you again everyone especially Cean for the junkyard run and all the extra parts, like the wheel covers, brake cleaner and for trading out the rear heater vent with me. Thanks also to Mike for helping with the headliner and the carpet.
Thank you so much Doug and Marilyn for the birthday presents my car is going to look mighty spiffy! with "critical powah".
None of this could have been made possible without Art, Arte, and Tony for preparing and letting us have another great meet. Thank you so much for your generosity and hospitality!!
Hope to see you all next year!!

#385 ·
I posted this in the Whore Thread, but I figure I should post it here as well:

Well, damnit...somehow during the trip to Art's, my Debit Card was "skimmed" and now has been compromised. Saw a fraudulent transaction from a place in Oregon that I had never done business with.
Keep an eye on your accounts if you went to WI for the meet. Somewhere, there is a skimmer setup!!

Card is now canceled!!

#386 ·
Man looks like you guys had a great time.... Sad that I could not make it. Had a nasty cold and then I went to the doctor Saturday and found out I had a sinus infection. Will see if I can make it next year but definitely no promises. Getting married a few weeks before that and the misses may not like me leaving then.

#389 ·
How much did you get hit for Tom?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.