DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Project Ricer has begun! (Ronbo's Whore Thread)

Tags
fookwinds
729K views 8K replies 63 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Josh for these wheels/Tires.(I believe Tom was the original owner of these and they've floated around the community since!) Bought them like 14 months ago and finally put them on. Powder coated 18" Special wheels in Titanium Metallic.

Need to install the "new" door/fender as shown in this picture! That'll happen later this week.

Worked on rewiring the stereo and installing new amps today. Love the Plug-N-Play PAC LOC that I installed and replaced the original crap spliced in LOC. Got to say the original installer was a "Hack"! All that's left is to clean up and bundle the wiring.

Started on the "Hybrid" interior swap. Installed a set of Light Taupe Special seats today. Thanks to Josh for the great deal on the seats. Swapped out the Slate Center Console/Side Panels along with the Glove Box Door and Drivers Dash Knee Bolster for the Light Taupe Items. Removed the Agate leather Intrepid seats which are now for sale. I've got a complete 300m Taupe/Light Taupe dash and Door panels with California wood trim to go in. The 300m Dark Slate dash and door panels with rears modded for an Intrepid will be for sale after that. Faux carbon fiber trim on those pieces.

Before:

After/Now:

Here's the Taupe/Light Taupe dash with real wood trim....ready to go in.

The amplifier components and 12" sub:

See less See more
#7,885 · (Edited)
In the meantime...my personal HTPC....

An Antec Veris Case with Display. A cheap Biostar MATX Mobo with an AMD Dual Core APU, Using the AMD APU Integrated Graphics. Handles 1080p just fine.8 gb DDR3, 240gb SSD for OS and 2tb HD for storage. Dual HDTV Tuners and a 500w PSU. BD-ROM for Blu-Ray/DVD Play back And DVD/CD Burning.

Win 7 Pro x64. Recording OTA HDTV shows and streaming Music and DVDs. HDTV shows automatically archive to my Windows Home Server and are deleted after that from the original hard drive. Cyberlink PowerDVD integrated into Windows Media Center for Blu-Ray play back.

#7,887 ·
Heh Heh!

Think that was left over from an old recording schedule.

Connected to my Onkyo Receiver for 7.1 Surround. All Polk speakers including a 10" powered thub.

#7,890 · (Edited)
Fired up the NAV disc duplication factory again. This time with a new spindle of Verbatim Discs. Different model number also. I suspect Verbatim is starting to cheap out in some of their discs. Previous to this I never had copy issues with Verbatim. Two possibilities,...counterfeit cheapazz discs or poor quality from Verbatim on the last spindle I bought. I tried the last spindle because it was cheaper than all other DVD-DL Verbatim discs and bought them off Eghey. Just got this spindle in today which is pricier but similar to all my other Verbatim blank discs which can be printed with an inkjet.

Just burned 2 copies of the AK NAV disc and they both were read immediately in the RB1 and REC!. w00t!

This is the "Suspect" brand of Verbatim DVD-DL. They used to be all over Eghey for about half the price of the ones I just bought. Now if you do a search and look for that packaging there's only one or two. That makes me think counterfeit or some other scam.

At least half of my burns from the above spindle failed complete burn or failed verification. The rest wouldn't read in a NAV system or a MAC for an OS install disc. Buyer beware on these!

#7,893 ·
Danbo....

LX Dark Slate Floor Mats with SRT-8 Embroidering available for $70.62 with free shipping!

I'm on it!

#7,894 ·
Hmmm....thinking the Black Backround Headlights on the Magnum were an SRT8 deal only?

If that's the case.....w00t!

#7,897 · (Edited)
Windows Phone finally has a Netflix app and others. Windows phone has realy sucked Donkey Ballz for Apps that are available on the Android and iPhony platforms. About time some real apps are available.

The Nokia 520 Windows cheapo phone......

Decent quality Netflix streaming on the Winderze Phone.

Airport has free WiFi that's supposedly the fastest in the nation so I can stream shows and music on the phone without killing my cell data.

#7,899 · (Edited)
For Don.......

Here's some Philips LED bulbs that are even cheaper than Cree bulbs and I'm guessing the prices here might be the same at your local HD?

Both are 60 watt rated with 800 Lumens in "Soft White". Around 2700K color similar to an incandescent bulb.

The box on the left is a two pack for $4.97. Not Dimmable and looks like a regular light bulb. Supposedly a 10 year life expectancy. The box on the right is a 3 pack for $7.97! Same specs for Color and light output. But Dimmable and a 22 year life expectancy! However the bulbs are actually flat with the outline of a normal bulb. A little hard to explain but I'll have pictures of the actual bulb later in another post. Light output and color is about the same as the 2 pack lower life bulbs.

#7,901 ·
Setting up an Intel SS4200 Windows Home Server for sale. 320gb OS drive and a 1tb storage drive. Two open drive bays for additional storage.

Testing WHS install from a USB Flash Drive. If all goes well it'll be for sale. 2nd gen WHS software. Upgraded CPU and RAM. These originally came with a pitiful Celeron CPU and 512mb RAM. Upgraded to a C2D 2.4ghz and 2gb RAM. Should handle all streaming/transcoding tasks just fine.

#7,902 ·
So far so good! Complete install from USB. Doing updates and making sure all Device Drivers are installed and working. Then adding the 1TB drive to the pool.

#7,903 ·
ISO to USB is a great free program for making a Bootable USB Flash drive to install an OS!

#7,905 ·
I don't know what's up with Onedrive for the past week or so but when I copy/past my image links to posts all is OK for 2-3 days then the links are broken. I go back into Onedrive and link again and the link text is different almost like it's shifting links around.

Images that have been on Onedrive for a month or longer have no problems. WTF!

#7,906 ·
About to list the 2 Asus AMD HD 7770 video cards on Eghey. Crossfire and Eyefinity ready!

And an Intel Atom Mini-ITX MoBo and 2gb RAM combo. MoBo is new..RAM used. Might throw in an 80gb HD with Win7 Home Premium loaded on it.

#7,907 ·
Dammit! Overheated my paper shredder again. It'll take an hour to cool down.

#7,908 ·
An old trick from my NCR days as a Field Engineer while working on Cash Registers and POS systems...Especially in the Bars and Restaurants. If you spill something in your keyboard and think you're fooked....just get some Distilled water from the Supermarket and Douche it out. Let it drain and dry for a bit and all will be good again. No sticky keys from Liquor spilled in there, etc.

Got many a free drink/dinners at chains like Stuart Andersons, El Torito, etc from managers after bailing them out during busy times on service calls.

Just had to do this on my own KB after spilling Coffee on it. Works like a charm!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.