#1 · (Edited)
How to remove the PCM?

Any of you guys have a "how to"?

and where's the part number on it?

#2 ·
PopolZ said:
Any of you guys have a "how to"?

and where's the part number on it?
Well, I'd help ya out with the 2002 service manual I've got, except I've determined some major differences in the nomenclature and actual modules used on earlier year Treps. For instance, there is no such thing as an "ECM" in a 2002, other than being used as a general term for all Electronic Control Modules, which include but not limited to: BCM - Body Control Module, PCM - Powertrain Control Module, Antilock brake controller, etc. It would appear that the ECM of earlier model Treps is now integrated into the PCM of the newer models.

Peva and I determined this when we were working the steering wheel autostick control circuit.

So, I don't know that any of the info I've got will help ya...

#3 ·
I think he means the PCM. Its on the left side below the cruise control and behind the rad and washer tanks when you open the hood. The PCM(Powertain Control Module) and TCM(Transmission Control Module) are both there. It's just held in with some screws, I think. As for the part number I think you will have to remove the PCM to get it or talk to a dealer because they may have different numbers for different years.

#5 ·
Remove the cruise control servo & bracketand position the unit aside.
Remove the windshield washer bottle filter neck
Remove the Transmission Control Module (TCM)
Disconnect the connectors from the PCM, remove the bolts, then remove the PCM from the engine compartment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.