DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Project Ricer has begun! (Ronbo's Whore Thread)

Tags
fookwinds
729K views 8K replies 63 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Josh for these wheels/Tires.(I believe Tom was the original owner of these and they've floated around the community since!) Bought them like 14 months ago and finally put them on. Powder coated 18" Special wheels in Titanium Metallic.

Need to install the "new" door/fender as shown in this picture! That'll happen later this week.

Worked on rewiring the stereo and installing new amps today. Love the Plug-N-Play PAC LOC that I installed and replaced the original crap spliced in LOC. Got to say the original installer was a "Hack"! All that's left is to clean up and bundle the wiring.

Started on the "Hybrid" interior swap. Installed a set of Light Taupe Special seats today. Thanks to Josh for the great deal on the seats. Swapped out the Slate Center Console/Side Panels along with the Glove Box Door and Drivers Dash Knee Bolster for the Light Taupe Items. Removed the Agate leather Intrepid seats which are now for sale. I've got a complete 300m Taupe/Light Taupe dash and Door panels with California wood trim to go in. The 300m Dark Slate dash and door panels with rears modded for an Intrepid will be for sale after that. Faux carbon fiber trim on those pieces.

Before:

After/Now:

Here's the Taupe/Light Taupe dash with real wood trim....ready to go in.

The amplifier components and 12" sub:

See less See more
#7,773 ·
HTPC in the Black Antec Veris case is up and running. Need to hook it up to the Denon receiver for Full 5.1 Surround Sound. Record OTA HDTV with the internal dual tuners. Backup HDTV shows automatically to the networked Windows Home Server. Stream HDTV/Video/Music from the WHS. Also play DVD/Blu-Ray discs from the internal BD-Rom.

#7,776 ·
Bought a pair of these headlights for the MSRT. Look to be close to stock. Only $143.40 shipped! Cheaper than LH headlights! I can then take the stockers off and refinish them.

#7,777 ·
They'll probably suck Donkey Ballz for decent light output...but I'll be the first to know on here!

#7,778 · (Edited)
Need to head over to storage tomorrow and find the HID kits with 9006 bulbs for these and attempt an installation!

Not going to hook the halos up at this time. Don't want to hack into the original wiring harness. Might research jumping a wire from the relay for the parking lights. The Fuse/Relay box is right there on the passenger side of the engine compartment.
The projectors are my main goal right now. These are brand new so clear lenses. Then I can refurbish the stockers.

#7,780 ·
Downloading all of my previously purchased iTunes TV Shows locally to my PC and Server. Purchased these years ago so it's not costing me a dime now. Apple finally got their **** together and lets you download purchases to any Authorized PC/Mac. They used to say if you didn't back up your iTunes library to a disc or DVD, etc you'd be fooked! They changed that policy a few yeas ago and now miracuously everything you've purchased is available anytime/anywhere!

#7,782 ·
My pulse rate is 150/min....is that OK? I hate to ask you guys but you know!

#7,783 ·
Got the details I need to be able to connect the Projector Halos without cutting into the stock wiring harness. Just add some wiring from the parking light relay to the halos.

That's in the Integrated Power Module in the engine compartment. Similar to the Power Distribution center in an LH car.

Collecting the parts I'll need. Nothing to buy...already have the supplies.

#7,784 ·
Who's got 4-8gb of DDR3 desktop memory for sale cheap? Need Dual-Channel memory. Either 2x2gb or 2x4gb.

Can also be a single 4gb or 8gb module.

It's got to be DDR3! LOL!

PM me with info.

#7,785 ·
Also anyone have 2gb DDR2 SO-DIMM Memory? Either 2x1gb or 2x2gb or Single 2gb SO-DIMM modules.

Don't need/want 512mb or less modules and it has to be DDR2. Let me know.

#7,786 ·
Discovering more "Deluxe" items as I look for other crap!

Found a cache of USB Flash Drives and Micro SD Memory cards.

Upgrading the SD Memory card on my Nokia Winderze phone from 2gb to 16gb right now.

Then add a bunch of music and podcasts to it!

#7,787 ·
The "NAV" disc DVD factory is back up and running once again. This time with new "Source" and "Destination" optical drives. Looks like both of the original optical drives took a dump. The "Source" drive wouldn't read any discs. And the "Destination" drive would burn but fail on verify particularly for Dual Layer DVD.

Luckily I had some NOS IDE/PATA DVD Burners laying around.

All is good in Disc Duplication Land again!

#7,788 ·
The standalone disc duplicator required IDE/PATA optical drives which put a crimp in a quick replacement!

Nice thing about this unit is it's "Standalone". Don't need a PC to make copies. Just put the source disc in one drive...the destination in the other drive and hit "Copy"! Plenty of options such as "Copy & Verify" where I found the Destination Optical drive wasn't burning DL DVD wouldn't verify successfully!

Who needs NAV Discs? LOL!

#7,791 ·
Dan...thanks to your recommendation, I picked up one of the Winegard razor thin indoor HDTV antennas. This thing picks up all local channels within a 30 mile radius with 100% signal strength! w00t!

#7,803 ·
Glad it worked for you.....cant believe its that now, over the big tower and all that mess.

Now to figure out what to replace the rest of the channels with so I can tell Time Warner to kiss my ass!

#7,793 · (Edited)
Energy Saving lighting has come a long way in the last 5 years or so! Bought a couple of these Cree 60w equivalent LED bulbs today for $4.97 each.

Nice bright white light and best of all they're dimmable and play well with my X10 Home Automation devices. My old Fluorescent "Energy Savers" weren't dimmable. And the really cheap **** low lumen output LED bulbs would have current leakage and still be on very dim when I turned the light off with the remote.

I'm using X10 Lamp Modules as shown below.

Cree makes some pretty good stuff IMO.

#7,794 ·
That's a good deal. I last bought at $4 for a 400 lumen/6.3 watt, non-dimmable bulb. However that was about a year ago. A quick check has a similar Cree bulb at $9. Did you buy at a local place or a national chain?

#7,796 ·
Bought them at Home Depot today. They're not in the Flyer as being on sale. Had a big display of them on the end of an aisle. Looks like a 60w Soft White Cree is $3.97...even cheaper. Online shows the same pricing.

#7,795 ·
Rut Roh! The Danville area in AR is getting hit with Tornadoes! Yikes.

Less than 100 miles West of LR!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.