DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

3.5 Tune-Up

6K views 20 replies 5 participants last post by  BigPimpinSlimDB 
#1 ·
I'm planning to do a tune-up on my LHS. I know i need spark plugs and a PCV valve. What else do I need and how do I remove the PCV valve?

#2 ·
What's the milage?

Other things:
Trans/fluid+filter change (i won't flush it with a machine though)
Diff fluid change (every 60K I believe)

If you are near 100k and hadn't had timing belt/water pump change, now it's a good time to do it. While you're doing that, you need to remove drive belts/pulleys, and spark plugs and coolant. So while you have those off, you might as well install new ones...

#4 ·
lol 35k. You really don't need any tune up unless you feel like doing the work. have you replaced the spark plugs already since you owned the car? If you have, then don't worry about it. If it's the first time, then now it's not a bad time to do it.

If you haven't had a transmission fluid change, 35k is a good place to do the first one. If you do this on this schedule, you should never have to do the flush procedure (since when you do the next one at 70k, you will only have 25% of the original fluid in the car.

#7 ·
spark plugs do last a while. The 100k is a little bit too long. I would say 70 to 80 is the max you want to go with one set.

#9 ·
No drain plug for the trans pan...Just get a big catch pan and loosen up all the bolts. Also there is no gasket from what I remember...Just use Mopar Silicone designed to work with petro products (i forget the name of it).

DO NOT over torque the tranny pan or it will permanately leak. Use a torque wrench and the proper pattern.

#14 ·
how broken is it? can you post a picture? If i remember correctly, all you need to do is put a 18 or 19 mm deep socket on it and it should come out relatively easily...

#16 ·
is there anything left to grip on to? If there's something left, you might be able to get a vice grip lock it on tight and turn it. I believe the thread is plastic?? Not sure if spraying a little bit of penetrating oil on it can help lubricate the thread.. but could be worth a shot.

#19 ·
WOW... well some other people who's more familiar with this type of situation needs to chime in... can you take a clear picture of the plenum end? Maybe we can come up with something...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.