DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

2001 Dodge intrepid computer disabled me from starting the car!!

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ARedTrepRT 
#1 ·
I was changing the diplay cluster from my original dodge intrepid one to the luxury one from the chrysler 300M , and i disconnected the plugs under the dash that are plugged into the fuse panel next to the drivers door, now that i plugged my battery back on and put everything back together i started the car and it stayed on and it suprisingly turned itself off, i started it again and it turned itself off again , it did this three times and now the car wont turn the engine over when i put the key on to start it, the weird thing is that the engine is perfect and all the other things are good but it seems like the computer locked itself up on a anti theft feature or something.... :icon_sad:
i already did the " unplug the battery for 30 minutes and it still wont allow me to start it" please if someone knows how to fix this please help, i cant afford to have it towed to a dealer to get a computer reset......

:banghead:
thanks ,
leo

#7 ·
lol yeah thats what it was,, i accidentally activated a safety feature, i had to order a new PCM, once you trie to start the car the three times withought activating the code the PCM burns ITSELF! you read right , it BURNS one of the capacitors inside and you MUST get another one set up for your cars VIN # and milage,,, so anyway i had my PCM fine tuned by the way ! the car might not be as economic anymore but i noticed a BIG HP increase!, my 2.7 must be around the 205hp range, i am very happy and in the future i have plans to put in a custom twin turbo kit, thats right the 1ST twin turbo 2.7 V6 with all the internals customised, custom H-beam connecting rods,Custom forged pistons with stock compression settings, port and polished heads with blueprinted intake plennum and intake + spacer, custom high flow headers built for turbos and high flow catalic convertors and true dual exhausts,high performance torque converter,custom anti slip differential set up for real FWD on both wheels not just the right wheel, i am hoping to be able to displace around 400hp out of the 2.7 V6 , and by this i will demonstrate that the 2.7's are not bad motors ,just depends how good you can build them to handle the ammount of power you want it to handle!, beware big brothers (3.2's & 3.5's)
:biggrin: , i might also be installing the prowler gears to hopefully be running 0-60 in the low 5 seconds :smilie_sc
so vipers beaware :listen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.