DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Remove Speed Limiter?

11K views 24 replies 16 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 ·
Is there anyway at all to remove the speed limiter on my 2003 2.7? It tops out at 114 and still has so much to go but cuts out. It makes me sad =(

#3 ·
What you need is a new engine computer that will hike it up. There are not tuners available to get rid of it. Seeing your car is a '03 and a 2.7l you don't have many options. Only thing really is a 300m special PCM but that thig is meant to run a 3.5l HO engine. That computer would but your top speed to 150mph, I don't even think the 2.7 will push the car that fast LMAO!

#15 ·
alot of people who swaped the 3.5's into there 2.7 SE's left the 2.7 PCM in place and its running the car fine. Also you can't re-flash a PCM, the dealer won't do it, there are performance shops out there that will though.

#18 ·
I agree also. Im 43 and have a spotless driving record. Now when i was young i did some crazy driving. People who speed sometimes dont realize that you not only get a high priced ticket but youre insurance goes up and it stays that way for a long time. But im not putting anybody down but when you get older you start to realize some things.

#19 ·
Yeah, getting caught isn't fun. I wanted to take off my limiter whenever I first got my car, but that all changed on my way back from my campus. I got busted racing a 'Vic going 87 in a 55 southbound on Rt. 51 in front of Aliquippa. Luckily the cop bumped it down to 5 over at traffic court. Haven't sped since. Remember the old addage "five your fine, ten your mine." Unless the cop is really anal, then it really doesn't apply.

#23 ·
It's rumored that the only vehicle that was "Unlimited" as far as a speed limiter was the 2000 Dodge Intrepid R/T. Never really was confirmed. I suspect it was probably limited to around 130 mph though.

Even the Chrysler 300m Specials had a Speed Limiter. The PoPo models had a speed limiter too.

#25 ·
I always drive at 159 mph here in the United States when I'm not on the Autobahn ! LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.