DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums banner

Project Ricer has begun! (Ronbo's Whore Thread)

Tags
fookwinds
729K views 8K replies 63 participants last post by  Ronbo 
#1 · (Edited)
Thanks to Josh for these wheels/Tires.(I believe Tom was the original owner of these and they've floated around the community since!) Bought them like 14 months ago and finally put them on. Powder coated 18" Special wheels in Titanium Metallic.

Need to install the "new" door/fender as shown in this picture! That'll happen later this week.

Worked on rewiring the stereo and installing new amps today. Love the Plug-N-Play PAC LOC that I installed and replaced the original crap spliced in LOC. Got to say the original installer was a "Hack"! All that's left is to clean up and bundle the wiring.

Started on the "Hybrid" interior swap. Installed a set of Light Taupe Special seats today. Thanks to Josh for the great deal on the seats. Swapped out the Slate Center Console/Side Panels along with the Glove Box Door and Drivers Dash Knee Bolster for the Light Taupe Items. Removed the Agate leather Intrepid seats which are now for sale. I've got a complete 300m Taupe/Light Taupe dash and Door panels with California wood trim to go in. The 300m Dark Slate dash and door panels with rears modded for an Intrepid will be for sale after that. Faux carbon fiber trim on those pieces.

Before:

After/Now:

Here's the Taupe/Light Taupe dash with real wood trim....ready to go in.

The amplifier components and 12" sub:

See less See more
#7,451 ·
Trying to test out the copies of OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4 but the G4 Mac Mini doesn't seem to like them. Guess I'll have to break out the G3 Cube and test them out on that. Customer has a G3 and not a G4 so it's best to test these out on the same processor family type machine.

#7,453 ·
Playing around with Windows MCE on my Mac Mini using dual boot with BootCamp. Works just like a regular PC. Setting up the external networked HDTV Tuners and will try and record an HDTV show or two and see what playback looks like.

#7,454 · (Edited)
So far the OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4 Install disc Images are working fine on the G4 Cube. Just got done with 10.2. Erase and check 10.3 next.

#7,455 ·
w00t! PPC G4 Mac Mini just sold on Ebay! Buyer already paid. Life is good!

Need to start listing my other "crap", I mean valuable items now.

#7,462 ·
Think I'll try my hand at a "Hackintosh"! A PC that's got the Apple OS loaded on it. I happen to have the perfect candidate for this project. An Intel NUC i3.

#7,463 ·
Thinking about selling my Motorola Atrix Android Cell Phone Deluxe Setup. Includes the Unlocked Atrix from ATT, LapDock, Car GPS Mount, HD Dock with Remote/Mouse and cables. Think it has a 4gb Micro SD Memory card in it along with the 16gb Internal memory.

Wonder if $200+shipping is too much to ask for the whole enchilada? Still works like a champ.

#7,465 ·
Starting a Test install of Apple OS X on an i3 based PC. The FrankenHackinTosh experiment has begun!

#7,470 ·
First Hackintosh was a partial failure with the ECS compact PC. Successfully loaded OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard on it but couldn't get it to boot to the OS without a Boot Loader CD.

Going to try again with the Intel NUC. That's supposed to be doable.

#7,471 · (Edited)
Will 4G for beer! This cheapazz Nokia Windows phone that I got off Amazon is actually a decent unit. It's an ATT GoPhone and my service is $25 month with no data. However when I'm on WiFi I can download whatever I want. Just need to be near a hotspot.

#7,473 ·
Think I have an economical PC for RNDave. i3/4gb RAM/1tb HD/WiFi-N in a compact desktop case.

#7,474 ·
Hackintosh part deaux was a failure. Too much trouble to put on the Intel NUC. Going to sell the NUC with Win 7 Pro on it.

Got a 3rd alternative that I'm attempting to install OS X Mavericks on right now. So far so good. Will know on the final reboot if it'll work!

#7,475 ·
Hackintosh Project part III is a 90% success. Special care needs to be paid attention to when using Intel Sandy Bridge or Ivy Bridge processors with the built-in HD 2500 graphics. Still working a few little bugs out but it's looking good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.