LOL 2.7L 07 sebring test drive - DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
LOL 2.7L 07 sebring test drive

I saw that thread a while back about the new 2.7L, i dunno if maybe its just this one but they seem to be very very slow.

Either im missing something or these cars are just made to be over revved.

My dad got this one as a company car and i just took it for a spin today, interior is just a POS, exhaust does sound nicer than the intrepids but i had to get it to like 5000rpm to get any good take off out of it.

Any other input from others??? is this some scheme chrysler has done to make people use more gas?
BTW this thing has like 14000km on it.

CM


Last edited by linuxglobal; 06-06-2008 at 11:22 AM.
linuxglobal is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Intrepid Pro
 
MegaTrep's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: M'waukee, WI
Posts: 2,792
Feedback: 2 / 100%
                     
My mom has a 2002 Sebring with the 2.7 and I think it sounds nicer than the Intrepids. The engine compartment is really, really cramped though. If you think the Trep's is bad, you gotta take a look at one of these.
MegaTrep is offline  
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-05-2008, 11:53 PM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
I saw that thread a while back about the new 2.7L, i dunno if maybe its just this one but they seem to be very very slow.

Either im missing something or these cars are just meaning to be over revved.

My dad got this one as a company car and i just took it for a spin today, interior is just a POS, exhaust does sound nicer than the intrepids but i had to get it to like 5000rpm to get any good take off out of it.

Any other input from others??? is this some scheme chrysler has done to make people use more gas?
BTW this thing has like 14000km on it.

CM
I know right... I was looking at a 300 a while back and it had a 2.7 (didn't buy it though). But I thought exactly the same thing. My trep 2.7 feels like it had a lot more power than that thing, granted the 300 is probably heavier but it can't be that much heavier.
XGX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
its not the weight, it just lags, even in P, revving it does nothing, its like beating a dead horse LOL.

Anywhoo. just a little heads up for people looking into the new lineup of small v6 chryslers. At least hondas are quick in the same lineup vehicle. The sebrings arent that cheap and this thing is pretty loaded with the sunroof, leather, and other little toys, but still a ghetto 2.7L LOL. I wonder if they will have sludge issues like the intrepids.

Im guessing the poor performance comes from the tranny setup, either that or this car has been driven to shit.

I just floored it to get the exhaust sound out of it but at 5000rpm it sounds like a g35 at 2000rpm LOL.

The exhaust is not nicer than our cars by any means, i just have the stock sxt exhaust and its plenty loud for me.

OVERALL score for the sebring: POOR !!!

linuxglobal is offline  
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 12:56 AM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
I just floored it to get the exhaust sound out of it but at 5000rpm it sounds like a g35 at 2000rpm LOL.
HAHAHHA!! Dayum... that makes me think of just how sweet those G coupes sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVZeg2vKcM

Last edited by XGX; 06-06-2008 at 12:58 AM.
XGX is offline  
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:10 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
i made a video of how to kill this little car... well not literally since i just floored it 0-80kph but it gives you an idea. ITs pretty quick but revs off the line are really low, like i just floored it from zero and its the motor/tranny combo that just picks up sooooo slow.

Anyways a nice little view for u,,, uploading now
linuxglobal is offline  
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:18 AM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
i made a video of how to kill this little car... well not literally since i just floored it 0-80kph but it gives you an idea. ITs pretty quick but revs off the line are really low, like i just floored it from zero and its the motor/tranny combo that just picks up sooooo slow.

Anyways a nice little view for u,,, uploading now
awesome.
XGX is offline  
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:36 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
i uploaded it to movie maker first... it was originally 300mb LOL.... so it will be small enough now.... hang in there LOLZ

40% so far

Last edited by linuxglobal; 06-06-2008 at 01:51 AM.
linuxglobal is offline  
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:08 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
The first run (LONG) like 4 min

linuxglobal is offline  
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 AM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
You're right, that thing does have some serious lag on it. When I step on my pedal mine goes. But hey, it's better than that little 4 banger.
XGX is offline  
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 04:45 AM
Intrepid Modder
 
ghalleo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Nassau, The Bahamas
Posts: 455
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
LoL...I agree with everything you said Linux... My freind owns a Magnum 2.7l...that dummy( i hope he never comes across this thread) put 22s rim on his magnum which added to the weight. I thawt my intrepid 2.7l was really sluggish on the get go..it (magnum) yells really loud and those rpm shoots to the sky when accellereation...that thing feel like ass and fart in a bag! It felt really uncomfortable bcuz i am sitting in the seat tensed up waiting for the car to get up to speed. ugh Chrysler makes me so sick!
ghalleo is offline  
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 11:17 AM Thread Starter
Intrepid Pro
 
linuxglobal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Mississauga-Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,840
Feedback: 5 / 100%
                     
like its odd eh, u guys saw the vid, at high revs its quick but i fully just stepped on the gas pedal like there was no more room to go and it just started as if i would slowly tap my intrepid gas pedal LOL.

When it had those spurts, like 2-4000 rpm, that was me going from stable gas to full throttle and it was so slow in response LOL.

O well my dad is old, he doesnt care. He even told me yesterday to take it for a rip (LOL R.I.P.).

I took my mom with me and she thought it was scary but as you guys can see its a POS LOL.

I guess we can use new chryslers as incentive to at least appreciate that our intrepids have a bit more speed than the newer cars. I drove an srt8 charger a while back so i dont recall how quick it was, i remember it was jumpy but then again i know i was redlining that too. If you need to redline them for good take off then thats useless.

linuxglobal is offline  
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 02:02 AM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxglobal View Post
like its odd eh, u guys saw the vid, at high revs its quick but i fully just stepped on the gas pedal like there was no more room to go and it just started as if i would slowly tap my intrepid gas pedal LOL.

When it had those spurts, like 2-4000 rpm, that was me going from stable gas to full throttle and it was so slow in response LOL.

O well my dad is old, he doesnt care. He even told me yesterday to take it for a rip (LOL R.I.P.).

I took my mom with me and she thought it was scary but as you guys can see its a POS LOL.

I guess we can use new chryslers as incentive to at least appreciate that our intrepids have a bit more speed than the newer cars. I drove an srt8 charger a while back so i dont recall how quick it was, i remember it was jumpy but then again i know i was redlining that too. If you need to redline them for good take off then thats useless.
Yes it is. That's what I hate about the 3.8 & 4.0L chrysler engines also. They have ABSOLUTELY NO low end torque. You have to seriously tach it out to get response. But that maybe also in the transmission gearing & TCM. For some reason the 3.5L doesn't suffer that much from that IMO. IE: 300m 3.5HO will MOVE when pushed!

EDIT: linuxglobal... what song is that??

Last edited by XGX; 06-07-2008 at 02:05 AM.
XGX is offline  
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Farticcus of Plenticcus
 
shadowvox6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: 39.199138,-84.669778
Posts: 17,030
Feedback: 18 / 100%
                     
An LX with the 2.7 is a tank...easily over 4000 lbs. Considerably much more than the LH weighs. This consipres to make the 2.7 in the LX a flat out failure. The 2.7 should be limited to the smaller cars, not the LX.



shadowvox6 is offline  
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM
XGX
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 277
Feedback: 0 / 0%
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowvox6 View Post
An LX with the 2.7 is a tank...easily over 4000 lbs. Considerably much more than the LH weighs. This consipres to make the 2.7 in the LX a flat out failure. The 2.7 should be limited to the smaller cars, not the LX.
Yea, but this is in a sebring... much smaller than a 300/magnum.
XGX is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DodgeIntrepid.Net Forums - Dodge Intrepid, Concorde, 300m and Eagle Vision chat forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

Member names may only be composed of alpha-numeric characters. (A-Z and 0-9)

!!ATTENTION ADVERTISERS!! If you intend on advertising anything on this forum, whatsoever, you are required to first contact us here . Additionaly, we do NOT allow BUSINESS NAMES unless you are an Authorized Vendor. If you own a business, and want to do sales on this site via posting or private message, you will need to follow the rules. Shops, Stores, Distributors, Group Buys without being authorized will see your account terminated.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome